Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Colorado Lift passes

Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks, 1st post here...

I'm off to Colorado in 2 weeks. Never been before and we're skiing for 8 days, so would anyone know the best way to get a decent deal on lift passes?

We're staying near Breckenridge / Copper Mountain and have a hire car, so travel is not a problem and we may choose to take in a couple of resorts.

Cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi and welcome. I've not been. I'd check out liftopia for cheap day passes if your planning on visiting multiple areas. With any luck someone else will have some local knowledge for you.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Beebsdj, Welcome to SHs snowHead I don't know about Copper and AFAIK it's not on the same lift pass as Breck but for Breck you'll probably want to get a Summit Value Pass (subject to any date restrictions which might apply). It's a lot cheaper than just buying an 8 day ticket. Read the options for passes at snow.com, look for Epic passes, and work out which one you need. You can order online or order from one of the UK suppliers, we used Ski Safari Extras who were really good. DO NOT hang about with this, there is a cut off date in early December and after that you cannot buy the better value season passes and are stuck with the daily tickets which are more expensive, I learnt this the hard way last season Sad The Summit pass is good for Breck, Arapahoe and Keystone which are all quite close together.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
haven't checked recently must mst or the colorado resorts used to do a 7 in 10 pass, which meant you could ski and 7 days from a 10 day holiday. You werent limited to 7 days from the first day unlike most european resorts.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Sarah - that's perfect. Exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. I've seen prices like $97 per day!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Beebsdj, You can also try American Ski Classics for lift passes - Summit pass coming in around £276 for 8 days Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Look out for guys selling offers in car parks particularly in Vail. Condos have latest offers usually up to 50% off on the front desk.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bones, American ski classics small print says they can only sell these passes to customers who have booked accommodation or travel with them Sad Probably why I couldn't get one last year as I did hunt and try everywhere. It's the same price at ski safari extras and they do sell to those not travelling with them (well they did last year) but last date for buying is 2nd Dec.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sarah, Only dependant of where you travel to, they are tied with accommodation in some resorts but not others. This is usually down to the resort rather than ASC.

We have DIYed to North America for some years and often use them just for the passes Madeye-Smiley

you can often get discounted day tickets from supermarkets/ gas stations etc around the resots too. Liftopia are anothetr site that supply discounted day and multi day tickets but you usually have to book 3+ days in advance. good if you decide to visit another area during your stay. Just book and pay online print off voucher, go ski.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not to be the bearer of bad news but Summit County, Colorado is pretty dry at the moment

http://www.snow.com/mountainconditions/snowandweatherreports.aspx#/vail

2 weeks is a long time in sports as they say, but I'd wait and see and then wear the day cost knowing you have the most terrain available and best conditions in the area.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Beebsdj, Welcome to snowHead 's
Get the Summit Value Season pass @ $459 covers Breck, Keystone & A-Basin or Epic Local season Pass @ $549 which adds days at Vale & Beaver Creek to the list. http://www.snow.com/epic-pass.aspx . It will save you $$$ on day window prices but do it before 2nd of Dec as said earlier. The beauty is if you buy a season pass you can do another trip this season you don't need to buy another pass. Madeye-Smiley

Where are you staying - Frisco ? You should have a great time, plenty of time for snow to come.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Beebsdj

We went to Steamboat last Christmas with a 10 out of 12 day ski pass which we purchased from American ski classic although they do offer a number of combinations ie 3 from 5 8 from 10 etc. Only condition was that we had to be UK based and you also had to buy 1 other service from them ie lessons or ski hire etc. As it turned out i purchased 4 lift passes and 1 daughter had 3 days in ski school which allowed me to get the full discount. There are several companies out there that offer the lift pass but each used a different shop for ski hire so i looked into who they used so it was close to our apartment which is why we used american ski.

Whole process was easy - phoned them for what i wanted paid my money and within 48 hours i had vouchers emailed to me for everything. printed them off and presented at the lift pass office and received the lift passes without any issue.

Huge saving over buying direct from the resort.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks everyone.

Yes, we're staying in Frisco. Been keeping an eye on the snow and it's not exactly hammering down out there at the minute. The snow machines are going from what I can understand..

We've had initial discussions about losing a day and going to Utah if the snow's that bad, but that'll limit us to 6 days on the slopes instead of the planned 8. Solitude is almost fully open from what I can see.

I guess order of the day might be to keep and eye on snow reports and make a decision before December 2nd.

I bought new boots today as well. Sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Beebsdj, Keep the faith snowHead We went to Breck last Easter, it was their worst season for some 20 odd years according to the locals, we still had a great time! There will be some skiing to be had, we spent a few days up at Arapahoe Basin as the snow was better than Breck and we just liked the feel of the place so that might be an option for you too. Best of luck with it.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Utah Plan B is a good one to have just in case.
snow conditions
In Feb just gone, I did almost exactly what you're planning to do - Except we stayed in Silverthorne a little further along towards Denver.

I order my pass of www.skibundle.com - worked a treat, picked them up no hassle when we got there. The ticket types/names have changed this year, and as someone above mentioned you probably want the "Epic Local" option.

Word of advice, if you're driving about, make sure to get to A-Basin for a day, preferably after a good dump of powder, and head STRAIGHT to the back side of the mountain. While the other resorts on the pass are actually "resorts", A-Basin is just 3 large buildings, a car park and a ski lift, but we had some of the best riding on the back of A-Basin, and it was INCREDIBLY quiet compared to other resorts, you could loop lifts with zero wait at all.
snow report
Skied Copper Mountain but based in Frisco. This was in January 1981 and the budget was in the order of $15 a day for everything. If there are any South Africans reading this; 52 SA cents got you 1 US$! (and track suit pants under a rain suit didn't make for comfortable ski gear!)
snow report
Beebsdj wrote:
We're staying near Breckenridge / Copper Mountain and have a hire car, so travel is not a problem and we may choose to take in a couple of resorts

I stayed in Frisco a couple of years ago, this year we stayed down the road by the lake in Dillon. Its a great base you could ski a different nearby resort each day. Loveland, A-Basin, Keystone, Breckenridge, Copper, Vail, Beaver Creek and Ski Cooper.

On a different note I prefer the brew pubs in Dillon: the Dam Brewery or Pug Ryans to the Backcountry brewery in Frisco but the you would have to have a nominated driver or use the free bus service. If you drive down the road to Dillon on an evening make sure you eat in the Pub below the Araphoe Cafe for the best ribs, chicken or pulled pork out of the smoker.

As for lift ticket probably best to take the advice of others, I usually buy the Epic pass or Rocky Mountain Super Pass plus well in advance to get the lowest price and then it is great value if you can spare a few weeks.
Idea Your accomodation providers may have access to discount tickets.
Idea Wall Mart and oher shops & gas stations had reduced price tickets.
Idea Make freinds with the locals - season pass holders have a number of "ski with a freind" loaded on their pass. Cool
Idea I think they only check your ticket at the base of A-Basin so you could skin up to the mid station. Toofy Grin
Idea No pass required if you drive up HWY 6, the Loveland Pass to the continental devide and then ski down to the I70 ! One of you has to drive down to pick up. Evil or Very Mad It worth going up there for the view http://bychancetv.hubpages.com/hub/Loveland-Pass-CO
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy