Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UCPA - Flaine VS Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
YOU DECIDE ( x -factor style!)

March 23- 30th... (advise if you feel its too late to be their then :s)

couple both 20.

Lookking for good slopes for beginner & inter !

want to have a few bars around but not a mental nightt

my choice is in your expert hands.

snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never stayed in Val T but both stations are similar in that they are rather ugly looking (however, I quite like the look of Flaine)... If you want cruising blues for beginners and inter level then IMO you simply cannot beat the Grand Massif... HOWEVER, I would suggest Les Carroz as opposed to Flaine... You can be in Flaine pretty quickly from here and and you can also hit Morillon (great for your level) in short time... Yet the village is sooooooooo much nicer. A couple of nice bars and plenty of great little restaurants as well...

If you're interested I can recommend a couple of great places to stay as well.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AlpineAddict, the OP is going for UCPA, just trying to decide which!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
VT is higher, so better snow likely at end of March.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ladtalk, For your requirements at the end of march VT would be better, as suggested earlier snow would most likely be better and somewhat more night life than flaine
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, Didn't know what UCPA was... Ignore me mate... Puzzled
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AlpineAddict, this followed on from several earlier threads where the OP was asking for suggestions about where to go. It would have been better, really, if he'd stuck to his original thread instead of scattering this discussion across the forum. UCPA is a French organisation which provides very good value ski holidays - accessed most easily in the UK through Action Outdoors. Everything, travel, full board, lessons, equipment, ski pass, the lot in top resorts for less than £800. A kind of young and poor man's Club Med.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Val Thorens, the only downside is that the pistes around the main lift area can get VERY crowded.

How many threads do you need!?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Piccadilly, pam w,

added a new thread due to the fact everyone else was adding locations from UPCA that i was unable too go too...

BUT, point taken.

cheers for info Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
UCPA in flaine is the old club med hotel. This was refurbished summer 2011. Located in the middle of the lower forum area, pretty much ski in and out. Skied flaine regularly for 7 years, never been short of snow.

Go for flaine..
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would choose Flaine Les Lindars (don't know about the other center in Flaine). Its location is convenient and Flaine's terrain is very suitable for beginners and intermediates.

Just in case you're not aware of this: 18-25 year-olds have a €50 discount when booking on UCPA's site and I don't notice this discount on action outdoors site.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy