Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

pierre vacanes MERIBEL accomodation advice please ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey guys

has anyone any experience with pierre vacances in meribel , im stuck between the "les ravines" which i believe is in meribel centre and the ski in ski out "les sentiers du tueda" , basically i've selected these for a group of guys on a stag ski , long weekend in v early april , it is a budget motivated choice and I have no experience of meribel , if anyone has any knowledge of these places i would be very grateful , im wondering if the distance from the apre of meribel centre to the les sentiers property in morratt woud be an issue ? if i selected it as a preference for the ski in ski out reasons ......any help would be appreciated ........ ski trip is April 5th to april 8th (long weekend) which is why i have chosen a hotel over chalet.

many thanks in advance guys , any thoughts ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
are you sure whether either is actually in Mottaret ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

ski trip is April 5th to april 8th (long weekend) which is why i have chosen a hotel over chalet.

jarv140101, I think both those places are apartments, not a hotel.

Where is "morratt"? If you mean Mottaret, the apres scene is more based in Meribel.

Meribel is not a budget choice, really.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm pretty certain I stayed in les sentiers du tueda, as sev112 says, its in Mottaret, not meribel. A short ski descent away from Meribel proper, maybe 10 minutes by car but it would make apres awkward.

It would not imo be a good stag location as Mottaret is quiet. I was there in mid Jan last year and it was too quiet even for me, and I just like three to four pints worth of apres.

It is a very good location for skiing as its slap bang on a good junction for any of the three valleys. The accomodation itself was pretty poor. Even by French standards it was sardines. There were three of us in an apartment purportedly for four and we could barely fit out luggage in even with the extra 'space'.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking at the PV website, Les Sentiers du Tueda is not even in the centre of Mottaret. And is most definitely apartments, not a hotel.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi

Les Ravines is in the centre of Meribel opposite La Taverne. Sentiers de Tueda is in Mottaret and is about as central as you can get - by road just after the first tunnel and by foot pretty much adjacent to the Platieres lift. Bars/restaurants adjacent and you are not on the 'hill' so avoid that tough walk home at night!

Both reasonable budget options but Meribel way more lively than Mottaret. Residence - ie comes with bed linen and towels included and end of stay cleaning is included and daily bread or croissants can be ordered daily for breakfast!

Depends on your stag priorities really...
Enjoy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes sorry I did mean apartments , I did have concerns with regards to the space as we will be 4 guys to an apartment , but tbh it's not like they will be spending anytime other than sleeping in the apartment.

Looks like les ravines is the better choice for the apre

Meribel appealed for the apre ski tbh and I like the 3V ski domain

Thanks for the advice so far !
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks frogs legs , any ideas if meribel is still good choice for atmosphere and snow first week in April ? I think I may be right that there is some amature racing in meribel the same weekend which has given me hope for snow and atmosphere ........ But any advice will certainly be noted

Thanks again
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jarv140101, Meribel is pretty low - it's quite possible that snow would be sparse/slushy down in meribel then, but should be fine higher up.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks pam
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
atmos will be fine - as good as any other week. nice time of year to enjoy outside beers and apres if conditions get a bit wet. the run into mottaret boasts my least favourite slush run ever by april. the traffic is what makes it so horrific - full of people going far to fast and not looking and all have a different end destination in mind - nightmare - go a different way home if you can!! of course meribel might have the poorest snow cover on the home runs by that time of year but its only a tiny part of your ski experience once you are up the hill and 3v generally is very good still in April. for a short break lads trip it ticks most boxes.

In either residence if you go for max occupancy of the apts you will be very cozy but if its just a crash pad its of no consequence - not quite the same as creating gourmet meals and getting the kids in bed for which there are other, more suitable, options!

enjoy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Been really helpful guys thanks alot , going to go for ravines in the centre and hopefully enjoy both ski and apre ...... Thanks
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jarv140101, Ravines is the right call; enjoy!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

the run into mottaret boasts my least favourite slush run ever by april

TBH its my least favourite slush run in december, january, february and march too. Except of course when its my least favourite boiler plate run in dec.... (you get the idea). The run on the other side (at the bottom) is just the same - it will always be so I fear.

The only time I've not been able to ski into meribel itself was at the end of march in 2011. I've skied down behind the guy bringing the piste markers in on the last day of the season (april 17th I think it was) once before. At the end of the afternoon it can get a bit soft and hard work but if you just drive on through it its ok.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

the run into mottaret boasts my least favourite slush run ever by april

unless you know the sneaky way home and avoid it completely wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy