Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trying to organise a ski weekend for 30 people

Poster: A snowHead
I am trying to take 30 colleagues away for a ski weekend in mid January - it could be in any resort within transfer range of Geneva and also needs to be at the budget end of the price spectrum

However - whilst there are no end of all inclusive £300-400 offers to go for a saturday-saturday week, it seems impossible to find something at a similar price for just a weekend or long weekend

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's harder to find offers because chalets (that are usually offered in these type of offers) are often rented as a package for one-week periods (or two/three). You should also consider staying in a gite or B&B. With 30 people you might even negotiate a discount especially that mid-January is usually quieter. I think you should choose the resort first and then get a list of available accommodation from resort website and contact them. Or even try boooking.com. There must be chalets being offfered for weekend-long stays too but they are less common and you might be restricted in the choice of resorts. PDS might be a good option for you, fast transfers and its a big area, so you are likely to find accommodation that will suit your needs.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I think you should choose the resort first and then get a list of available accommodation from resort website and contact them.

I'd get a list of resorts within reasonable striking distance of your airport and then send them all an identical email, with your requirements. Then ring them in a few days time to discuss it.

I suspect you'll find it quite hard, especially if you are trying to keep costs down. You might need to consider staying somewhere like Sallanches or Albertville - there are daily buses to a variety of resorts.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good luck Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sansnom, think your options for a group that size and over a sat/sun (albeit low season) mean maybe looking at taking a number of apartments in a resort where there's tons of capacity like Les Menuires. Val T, La Plagne. I would try calling Pierre & Vacances in Brighton.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sansnom, I see you are 'down a crevasse' so I don't think I can PM you, but we might be able to help you out if it is the weekend of the 11th January. You can see our website in my signature link. If by 'all inclusive' you mean flights too, then we don't do that but should you decide to look at the independent option then get in touch.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've organised big groups before & here's a tip I find is a must ...
Just let yourself and two others of the core group choose where & when.

Don't let anyone else try and influence the venue and agenda ...or else it will be like herding cats.

So when your core group has chosen ... tell the others to make their own arrangements.

The group may shrink ... but those who went can brag about it to those who backed out,
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sansnom, your best bet is a resort near the airport as companies there are a lot more likely to take short breaks. If I were you I would look in Chamonix.

http://www.chamonixaccommodation.com/all-chamonix-properties/property/chalet+16+people/chalet+christol.html
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skiweekends.com? They'll do either flights or bus, plus accommodation either for a weekend, midweek, or 7 days I think.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
May be an issue with hotels committing to such a large group for a weekend when perhaps they may have longer stay holiday makers in mind?

As a suggestion, what about larger towns with good resort access? For instance Bourg St Maurice (OK, so 2 odd hours way from Geneva) where you might find sufficient availability for a large group for a relatively short stay in a town that has a good link to Les Arcs.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
miranda, Your place looks fabulous snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The ski industry must be in rude health if a booking for 30 PAX is so difficult to organise.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I know you asked for ideas out of Geneva, but Innsbruck could be a better fit.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks everybody!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Swissie wrote:
miranda, Your place looks fabulous snowHead snowHead

It is Very Happy
latest report
Sansnom, 30 Shocked
My group is normally 6 and that's plenty Laughing DrLawn, points out some sensible 'rules' to adopt.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy