Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dale Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone use Dale Boots? They are eye waterly expensive but sound pretty good (although they perhaps don't look flashy enough for the price Smile ) and I hope that they could possibly solve a problem that I have with a protruding ankle bone that has alway caused me problems with boots. My current boots were blown out by Snow and Rock to accomodate this, but it led to a small enough gap at the hinge that I always suffer from that foot being very cold. May be worth a punt talking to the UK fitter who is fortunately only a mile from where I work.

And just to add a really dumb question. If you lost a serious amount of weight would you expect it to noticably effect the fit of your boots to the extent that you actually need a new pair?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's not impossible, as there'll be less weight on your feet, so potentially less spread. It could also affect thickness of the calf area and what 'padding' there is around the ankle.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Posidrive, try spot gluing a double layer of tinfoil on the outside of your inner adjacent to your ankle bone and see if that helps. Otherwise there is a co. that makes custom boots over in Lech/Zurs (pale green things - can't remember the name but the Austia heads here will know it). Again not cheap but they specialize in dealing with issues like yours.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Posidrive, the Dale boot is good, for certain problems, a protruding ankle however is probably something that should be easily fixed by a good boot fitter on the correct shell (without much of any sort of gap being left)

if you work in Abingdon, then go speak to James, he will tell you what is possible
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM wrote:
Posidrive, the Dale boot is good, for certain problems, a protruding ankle however is probably something that should be easily fixed by a good boot fitter on the correct shell (without much of any sort of gap being left)

if you work in Abingdon, then go speak to James, he will tell you what is possible
I have protruding ankles, very protruding! Also quite thin shins. I have never than better fitting and or more comfortable boots. James at Outdoor Traders knows his stuff.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I couldn't get a good fit from any boot I tried. Went to a couple of fitters and was referred to James when they couldn't help. Spent half a day trying to fit other boots until we got to the 'well the only way is to go with custom inner boots. At that point it was only about £60 more to go with the full daleboot setup. I did, despite not wanting to spend that much but after two ski holidays of pain free feet it's the best money I've ever spent on skiing. Can't describe how good it feels to be no longer in pain and enjoying my day's skiing so much.

If you can't get a comfortable fit elsewhere, go and see james, he won't sell you something you don't need.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RattytheSnowRat, do you mean Strolz?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had an excellent experience with James at Outdoor Traders. He's passionate about his work. Highly recommended.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've just had a fitting for Dale boots with James too, after being sent there by Colin due to problem feet/bio-mechanics, and I was very impressed. It's a very strange feeling to have someone look at your feet and legs and then tell you (correctly!) what is wrong with your skiing! I have yet to get my boots so can't really comment as to the final outcome, but as Mally said James is obviously passionate about his work and provides great customer service.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy