Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Houches at Xmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have booked a few days over Xmas in Les Houches (mainly due to short transfer and cheap hotel!). I want to book private lessons - how far in advance would you suggest I need to do that? I usually ski in Jan and just turn up and book on the day, so not sure how it works in peak season. Also, ESF want a 30% deposit - so I was a bit nervous to book now, as what if there is no snow?! I was planning on going somewhere else in the valley each day should that occur, but what happens if you have already booked lessons? If there is absolutely no snow (sob) do you get your money back?!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

ESF want a 30% deposit - so I was a bit nervous to book now, as what if there is no snow?! I was planning on going somewhere else in the valley each day should that occur, but what happens if you have already booked lessons? If there is absolutely no snow (sob) do you get your money back?!

practice round where I am is 100% paid on booking. If the lifts are all closed, you get your money back. Happened to me the last week of the season in April 2011. Had paid for lessons for grand-daughter, but got money back. The previous week, when snow was grim, but resort still open, she'd have had the lessons, no money back.

I imagine it's the same all over.

I'd book if I were you, or you might find it's too late.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
this was the scene on 1 April2011 at the bottom of the Coup de Monde chair, Les Houches. Very pleasant picnic in the sun! Whole mountain was closed. Les Saisies was open for a further few weeks, but the snow wasn't good.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wouldn't hesitate. Don't know for sure about cancelation policy but esf should tell you up front, but I think that for a private lesson they would take you were ever the snow was. Have a look at BASS Chamonix they are excellent for private lessons, maybe a little more expensive but all native English speakers, ask for Alison.

http://www.basschamonix.com/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for BASS Chamonix

If you definitely want lessons I'd say at least speak with your chosen instructors now. Its a busy time of year for ski resorts so best to be sure.

I'd be surprised if the snow wasn't great in Les Houches if you couldn't just switch location with your instructor but another question to ask them?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy