Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend Options Please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,

I'm hoping the collective knowledge on Snowheads can offer some advice on how we could find something to suit the following brief please :

Jan 24th for 3 nights
Ski resort with a short / cheap transfer (destination airport is flexible) with sufficient area for 2/3 days skiing
Any European country
Accommodation can be B&B, HB, Chalet
5 adults (various levels of ski experience)

Happy to consider TO or independent.

Many thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fly to Geneva, hired car to Sallanches and stay at the Ibis hotel. Ski any of Les Contamines, Combloux/Megeve, Flaine, Chamonix. All a very easy drive for the day.

It's not easy finding accommodation for just 3 nights actually in resort though I think some Chamonix hotels are more flexible than others, judging from other comments here and that is low season. Very easy drive, and cheap bus transfers, too, though with 5 adults of varying experience you might not all want to ski the same bits of Chamonix.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try ski2 -champoluc in the Aosta, they do short trips, very flexible, choice of hotels, short transfers from Turin, lovely ski area
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Morzine has short breaks in abundance
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chamonix.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't rule out flying to Munich. Usually cheaper to rent a car than in Switzerland. Within 120-180 minutes drive you have plenty of options in Austria. From what I saw they also tend to be more flexible about accommodation.

Alternatively you can try something different: fly to Malaga and go to Sierra Nevada. You can stay in the resort (Pradollano) or 30 mins drive from Granada. I am not sure how busy it is at weekends though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SnowMonkey69, try putting the same request on Chalets Direct website on the Solutions Room. Then you stand a good chance of getting quite a few offers.

As Nadenoodlee, says, I would be very surprised if you did not get a lot of offers from the Morzine crowd.
We only have one twin room left over that period or I would be making you an offer myself.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stay in Bourg St Maurice and have a day each in La Rosiere, Tignes, Les Arcs, La Plagne, St Foy.......

Consider train to Bourg
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SnowMonkey69, Fly to Innsbruck. Stay in the city. Shortest transfer in skiing... taxi 4km. Pick a different area each day by ski bus or grab the lift out of the city to the Nordpark. Book the flight/hotel package on Expedia. Mainly business hotels so they actually like weekenders!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A great and VERY CHEAP weekend option discovered by me last year is Andorra.
Flight to Barcelona £70
Car Hire from doyouspain.com is about £30 for 3 days
hotelopia.com for hotel, a lot of the hotels in Andorra come with ski pass and equipment hire included and you can go half board for an all inclusive experience.
I did this on my own last year and the whole trip cost under £200 for everything, thats flight, hotel, ski hire, ski pass and food!
I had done all my skiing in France previously but Andorra with 205km of piste (grandvalira) is a good short trip option.
Want to know anything else ask away Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For 3 days you want a short (and frequent) flight - frequent as in several a day so you can get a flight at an optimal time for you. You want 3 full days.

E.g. Geneva.

A short and easy transfer E.g. Les gets, Morzine, Chamonix, Samoens, Les Carroz. Or do as Pam W suggests. I don't think Sallanches offers a great deal in the way of nightlife however!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Having lived and worked on the French Riviera for 10 years, the Southern Alps are often overlooked. Flights to Nice are regular and cheap and car here's cheap. it's about 1.5 hrs drive to a number of resorts. Auron is a great resort and is about the same distance as it's better known neighbour, Isola 2000, which is easier skiing for novices. There is also Valberg which is pretty good over the back of the resort. Accommodation is easy to book if you go onto the resort websites.

If you are in the South, the Eurostar to Bourg St Maurice is a good option.Stay in Bourg, it's cheaper and get the funicular up the mountain
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks to you all for some great ideas. Shortlist presentation done to the group, we'll see what happens.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
give Suggs a call (or Brenda) as Ski Morzine, should be able to help.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy