Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Blogs....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
.... can anyone recommend a good free blog website to use?

Also...Does anyone read and can recommend any good sking blogs?

I'm thinking about doing one this coming Season. I started one last season, but i got too busy and never found time to complete it. So dumped it.

This year i'm working as an Instructor in Canada.

As well as the Blog... I'll be studying and practicing for my level 3, and continually looking at ways of becoming a better teacher and Instructor, I'll also trying to learn a new Language. All good reasons to fill time and stop me going out every night and spending money which i wish to save for doing a season in the Southern Hemisphere.

If so...

What would you like to see and read? Is it worth doing...would anyone be interested?

TBH... I'll still probably do it, even if no one else read it, as for me it's a good way of keeping a diary and for something to look back on in years to come.

Any thoughts... Suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spud, Wordpress is free, good and easy to use.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are on Facebook, I'm developing an application for writing and storing information on your ski days. It supports attaching photos, videos and also a GPS track to show your skiing on the map. Check it out, and I would be happy for feedback and suggestions on improvements.

You can find the application here: https://apps.facebook.com/snowlog/

-Terje
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spud wrote:
.... Also...Does anyone read and can recommend any good sking blogs?

I read Easiski's Blog Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for Easiski, think this uses Wordpress, and I know of several other blogs that use this too.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://misplacedperson.wordpress.com/ from our very own Lizzard
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spud, here ain't too shabby a place to do a season blog........
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the suggestions people... appreciated.

Not sure a blog on here would be a good thing... not enough hours in the day, to reply to posts Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am using wordpress this season.
Last season I did it on Faceachebook but I do not want to feed that monster anymore.
I have spoke to our beloved Admin about doing it on here the only problem with here is it's my blog and I want control on it. You know how it gets here, goes off target in about 4 posts then a load of ill-informed opinions on any subject. If I want to blog I want to keep it on topic(mine).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dwarf Vader, Hope you've disabled comments then wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatbob wrote:

comments on topic are great Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dwarf Vader wrote:
fatbob wrote:

comments on topic are great Very Happy

This was my thought also... Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dwarf Vader, How about Twitter for quick and easy, easy to type each day and easy to read Toofy Grin
However, your blog on here would be an interesting read could there be someway to lock and unlock the thread if you were given a key?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Colin B wrote:
http://misplacedperson.wordpress.com/ from our very own Lizzard

+1 but not so much about skiing more boreding (sic) but no ones perfect Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not a fan of twitter, I like the standard blog layout and the control you get i.e. put a photo in when you want etc.

When I spoke to Admin about blogging on here I did start the OP needed control and TBH if a comment was not liked by the OP he should be able to remove it without that poster taking the big hump (which would be hard to do here) by that I mean Admin's free and easy style is great and works well on a forum where as a blog is a personal thing.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy