Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Minutes of 2004 AGM

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
These have now been published ( all 9 pages of them ! ) in the SCGB site. Presumably they will be sent by post to the attendees shortly.

The reports mentions in replying to a question that the number of Snowheads was 1100 - 1200 one year ago. Currently the number stands at 2655. That's a doubling of the figures in one year.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Aw...we get a mention....how nice Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very interesting hibernia, thanks for pointing the minutes out.

I was interested to see the section about the new mission statements and the aims of the Ski Club. The new mission statement is "To be the leading Club for snowsports enthusiasts of all standards". Can't see this on the website anywhere, but not to say its not there. Can't recall seeing this in my membership pack but I'll have to have a look this evening.

The aims of the Club are stated as:

Increase membership;
Improve value;
enhance image;
increase income;
promote safety;
seek to improve environmental performance...

On the website the aims of the Ski Club are different and are given as:

to share ski information
to encourage people to ski
to have a great time skiing together in the mountains

I find the mission statement to be very strange - is that the be all and end all, to be the leading club for snowsports enthusiasts? What does it want to achieve by being the leading snowsports club? And the aims of the Club seem to be about the operational management of the SCGB, apart from the last 2 aims, rather than the aims as listed on the website. Is that really all the Ski Club wants to do, to increase its size and income so it becomes the largest snowsports club? To what end, so it can maximise its profits? Which are the correct aims of the SCGB, those described in the minutes or those on the website? The website aims seem much more laudable.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the only thing things that i seem to get through from te club seem to be leading up to try to get you to go on one of their holidays. so it strikes me tat the website aims are
To share ski information (through a mail order data base at £x per address)
To encourage people to ski (on one of their holidays)
to have a great time skiing together in the mountains. ( because it would be a lot more challegeing if you tried to get people to have a great time skiing together some where hot and Flat)

i know that that is probabley a shad harsh. but i have had a lot of emails re over priced hloidays.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pups, welcome to snowheads.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks its good to feel welcome Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pups, - the holidays might be expensive but are organised differently to mainstream operators and I have yet to experience one that has been bad value for money!
If you are getting e-mails then you should be able to stop them - I get "The Edge" e-mail newsletter but this is something which one opts into and can opt out of.
If you are getting some other e-mails just ask them to stop.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hi scrumpy don't worry have ask other emails to stop. i am slightly suspect as to where they got my email from. i relise that the edge is a subscrption and thus in many ways a rod that i have made for my own back as it were. i just pointed out that there is a very high SCGB holiday contect/ advertising in what is essentially a members newsletter. it would just be nice if the eamil was more about members services what they can do to make life better (like telling me 24/48 hours before there is due to be 40 cm of powder anywhere in europe) not 24 hours afterwards and less about holidays.
ps i did say that i realised i was being a shade harsh. except re the last one, i still say it would be more of a challege if they tried to get people to have a great time skiing togeather somewhere other than the mountains.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Received the minutes of the 2004 AGM in the post today
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snap.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy