Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts near Zurich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A colleague of mine across the Irish sea was telling me his wife and some friends are going to be in Zurich for a week and were looking to spend a few days skiing. He wanted some recommendations. I think they are all fairly new to skiing, i.e. 1 or 2 previous ski holidays.

When I was there over the Y2K, we went to Hoch Ybrig and Flumsiberg but they require driving IIRC and I don't the ladies are likely to be so keen on that. The only other place I could think of that was easily accessible by train in < 2 hours was Andermatt.

Anyone got any other hints or tips ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We went to Lenzerheide & Churwalden (adjacent resorts) last year. I think they are just under 2 hours by train with a bus at the end. Both are good for beginners.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If they are new to skiing, then perhaps Lech. Lovely village and plenty of cruisey groomers for them and enough edgier lines for yourself.

Access via Langen and then bus/taxi. There is a direct train from Zurich to Langen and then you can either pick up the Post Bus or taxi. I imagine the latter would not be much more than 15 mins. The alternative is the Arlberg Express: https://arlbergexpress.com/willkommen/ which runs a service direct from the airport.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Engelberg is less than 2 hours away from Zurich by train. So is Flims, and Laax is only a bit further than that. The SBB trains website will help find connections. http://www.sbb.ch/en/timetable.html
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dsoutar - the SkiRail Map of the Alps was made for precisely this kind of query!
Details here http://rogerlascellesmaps.co.uk/SkiRail_Map_Main.aspx sample here http://www.rogerlascellesmaps.co.uk/SkiRail_Product_Information.aspx?area=SkiRail_Product_Information
My copy tells me that Andermatt is 1hr 55 from Zurich by train, Engelberg is 2hrs 10, Flumserberg 1:05, Klosters 1hr 50, Meiringen 2:10, Rigi Kaltbad 1:55.
We've added some new resorts to an app version. Happy to email you a little map of those if you want to send me a PM.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Flims/Laax is a good call, some of the others are geared more towards advanced skiers. Very easy to get to, train to Chur, then walk along to the end of the platform where the post bus will be waiting. Loads of skiing there and a lot of fairly gentle slopes.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We did Meiringen with relatively little experience and had a great time - Home of the meringue and reichenbach falls for sherlock fans for added interest......or not.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy