Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Christiania Les Gets...any reviews/experiences?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going to stay at the Hotel Christiania in mid Jan for a week. Am wondering if any of you Fellow SnowHeads could comment on the Hotel facilities, Meals, rooms and the Nanny service. Reviews on Expedia look great...Martin (on reception) spent an hour on the phone with me answering all sorts of questions overall helping me decide that this was the right hotel. I am hoping fellow SHs comments will be positive Smile but of course I welcome ALL comments. Cheers, T
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Toniw, no specific comments on nannies, etc but anything I have heard has always been positive Very Happy Great position.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was there in mid Jan 2007, the hotel looked great from the outside and has a fantatic location. The room we had was at the back on the ground floor, and could only be described as poor and in need of renovation, but from memory it was not very expensive.

The biggest issue was that there was NO snow, we had to drive up to avoriaz each day to get some skiing.

The village is quite nice but drink in the pubs were very expensive and there did not seem to be any apri ski fun, so I'm afraid to say I will never go back to Les Gets.

Me at the hotel entrance.

One day we went for a ramble up the hills.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JimboS, That looks harsh!!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JimboS, oh s!!t! I remember that year and was very lucky to ski at Christmas and arrive back again end Jan with friends to fresh snow. You are making me feel guilty now.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Les Gets is gorgeous
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wow! no snow in mid Jan...thats brutal!!!!!!! lets hope that is not the case for 2013 fingers xd...thanks for the photos, and comments..apparently there have been renos done early this year...or last...anyway, have been assigned a double family room suite thing on second floor with a balcony, ski in ski out.....private nanny for both my boys for the mornings, and have booked my 3.5 into ESF poo-pooo (is this really the name?) for a couple of afternoons...really looking forward to getting back on the powder, its been too long!!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Toniw, Laughing I think you'll find its 'Piou Piou' wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi

A recommendation for a ver good nanny try my friend Debora Porter http://deborahporter.co.uk/ or childcare@deborahporter.co.uk.

She come highly recommended.

Andy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Toniw, We stayed there over half-term in 2011, when they were full to capacity. We had a pair of linked rooms on the first floor, one with twin beds and one with a double sofa bed, and a bathroom and loo. They were clean and had lovely views over the piste and enough storage space but were a bit on the small side. The location is brilliant, and we skied in, skied out every day. The boot room had heated racks, which was nice, and there were hot tubs outside. The food was good, from what I remember. We didn't need the nanny service, so I can't comment on that.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fortunately for JimboS he swiftly moved on to Mayrhofen the following week where there was no shortage of the white stuff (actually, trying to ski back down to Tux one day we discovered that this was not the case, as one of our number landed in a cow pat).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Toniw

I stayed there in 2008/09, Hotel was very basic, though the staff were good and the snow was amazing.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy