Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Villard, Auris

Poster: A snowHead
jocrad, I thought I best do a bit of reporting as I was a bit annoyed with how quiet this board was weeks before I got here.
More reporting tomorrow!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pouring with rain here in the village so should be dumping loads up in the resort Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Now changed to snow(the village is at 720m) Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Getting very excited now.... i'm heading out Feb 1st so it's nice to see updates in this thread snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last update before morning. It's still snowing like the clappers.

That is all...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It looks lovely this morning!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 15-01-14 9:13; edited 5 times in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not wishing to be too rude , snow looks good , but lovely NO
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It looks more lovely on this webcam though Wink
http://alpedhuez.livecam360.net/signal
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm liking the look of those dark clouds gathering over the Belledone! snowHead

I'm told its 40cm of fresh in ADH and 30cm of heavy wet stuff in Oz, can carry on the rest of the week like this & stop on Friday evening please.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nick D, There is another dump coming Thursday night into Friday. Hope it stops next weekend when 14 of us arrive on the Saturday.
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Alpe-d-Huez/6day/mid
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
surfski, I saw SnowGuess had predicted a bit more, that would suit just fine. Where are you lot staying?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We are staying at Chalet Le Lac Blanc 1 next to the gondola. Give us a shout if you want to meet up. We are all very friendly. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Watching the weather reports with interest ourselves too, fingers crossed the forecast is right for later in the week!! On The Snow is reporting 22cm today (don't know whether that is actual or forecasted), a huge dump Friday, another decent amount Sunday into Monday and with falling temperatures too - bring it on!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
surfski wrote:
We are staying at Chalet Le Lac Blanc 1 next to the DMC gondola. Give us a shout if you want to meet up. We are all very friendly. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
surfski, PM'd you snowHead
latest report
25cm or so in L2A overnight, starting snowing higher up this afternoon too.
ski holidays
Can I say, how absolutely shattered I am.

I've only been skiing a few years, and today was my 1st ever go at powder.

I had a slope all to myself this morning skiing in foot deep white stuff.

Wow. That was a learning curve!!!!!

Then it all went a bit lumpy after lunch.

I should have quit and gone to the pub (beau solly) when I was still smiling!!!!
latest report
Driving down on Thursday evening after work - could be a bit of an eventful drive with the snow forecast. Hopefully get the chance to try out my new car if they manage to get it fixed at the garage.

Looks like the temperatures might be a bit high on Thursday though, so the drive up to Oz should be OK.

Bring it on!!!
ski holidays
Bjorn_again_Daehlie, Thursday looking like a pretty big dump, go steady! My chains are all cleaned & oiled after Christmas use, hopefully we'll need them on Saturday evening Very Happy Did you sort your pass out?
latest report
It's been a great great day of snow and cloud and sun and powder powder powder. Conditions are really great and look like getting better all week.
ski holidays
kiteman69, It was pretty tough today right? This is my 7th ski holiday. I thought I was fairly good until today! Ive not experienced this much snowfall as yet. We had a fairly big dump in Val thorens a couple of years back and experienced powder and lumpy slopes then but I went in after an hour or so as the weather and visibility was horrendous.
I stuck at it all day today going in and out of cloud all day long. I found the visibility changeable but OK. My legs are like jelly!
snow report
Nick D, checked the card. I got it from Oz-Vaujany and they said I just need to go to the desk to get it changed as they've changed the hands-free system. I see aswell they've reinstated the agreement with the Grande Galaxie. I have Winter tyres, so hopefully won't need to use chains - never needed them so far, even in fairly deep snow. See you down there Very Happy
latest report
kiteman69, Android1060, those are the days you should stay out all day. It will improve your fitness and skiing no end. Have fun, wish I was there snowHead Cool Madeye-Smiley Little Angel
ski holidays
Took the kids sledging to col d'ornon. Virgin snow but alas no skiing for me at the moment Sad Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Today was absolutely perfect. The slopes were topped up with snow, more slopes opened and the weather was wall to wall sunshine.
Me and my Bro decided to make up a 'village challenge' where we visited every marked village and Pic Blanc.
We also managed to get on 'le tunnel' which was an experience all on its own! Unfortunately the sarenne remained closed.
snow report
Android1060, Thanks for the posts this week - 3 sleeps to go for me
ski holidays
Android1060, how come the sarenne is closed?
ski holidays
tomb, sarenne has been closed since we got here on the 11th. I assume due to lack of snow. Since a fairly hefty snowfall it's still closed but I'm unsure why.
My guess would be avalanche risk covering it or they haven't finished grooming it yet.
Internet forecasts and local forecasts are predicting harsh whiteout conditions for Thursday. Friday is looking OK at the moment. I hope sarenne is opened as this is our second visit to ADH and it was closed last time!
More reports tomorrow!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chrisb, No probs! Your in for a good week. Big dump forecast on Thursday. It's still needed really to increase the base on some slopes. There are still a few patches of thin snow around but no way near as bad as when we arrived last Saturday.
snow report
Android1060, The last pitch of the Sarenne run proper is a quite large south facing bowl which is very rocky in times of poor snow cover and tends to get battered quickly by high skier numbers. I expect they're waiting for this weekends dump. Also a mate skied the run while closed last weekend and there's no snow bridge yet across the river on the run-out. I suppose they can fill it in mechanically once confident the run can be kept open. Have a great last few days anyhow snowHead looks like we're in luck for next week!
latest report
For those of you wanting a lunch time fix I can tell you the weather is rather naff.

It's been cloudy all morning with a little bit if snow.

I've taken the day off as my legs still haven't recovered.

I can't wait for tomorrow as hopefully I will have fresh legs and be hungry once more

KM
snow report
I'm heading out there on the 25th. Not sure whether I'm jealous or excited reading this thread.

I do want to try Sarenne and Tunnel (if there's enough snow cover). I hope they open up soon.
ski holidays
kfyh, same date as us, getting very excited now.
ski holidays
Hitting the road in 30 minutes - can't wait!!!
snow conditions
Bjorn_again_Daehlie, Have a good journey, see you in the Potee!
latest report
I was fearing the worst last night for todays skiing as I knew from snow-forecast.com that the weather was predicted to be bad. What made it worse was that our crystal ski rep txt us to let us know what other things we can do today as it was going to be whiteout conditions.
As it turns out, the weather conditions were not too bad at all. Ive certainly experienced a lot worse. The cloud cover remained high up leaving most of ADH pistes in decent light and further down just as good.
We started today by visiting the slopes at Auris where the sun looked like it might just burn through. It didnt, but the light conditions were good enough and the pistes were nice to run down.
As we got back to ADH we discovered that a lot of pistes and lifts higher up had closed due to very high winds. The winds could be felt at the top of Marmottes 1. It must have been really bad higher up towards Pic Blanc. We decided to take a trip to Oz as we figured it would be more sheltered from the wind and the cloud wouldnt reach us. Had a great time down there.

Overall it was a good days skiing considering a lot of pistes and lifts were closed for part of the day. Friday is looking clear from snow-forecast.com. I'm not holding my breath, that site is never accurate. haha! Puzzled
latest report
Woke up to cloud this morning, and the avalanche cannons

We can just see the top of pic blanc.

I've taken my paracetamol and ibruprofen.

Wish me luck

Nb, in the past 2 minutes we now can't see anything!!!!!!
ski holidays
Final post for me!

A mixed bag of weather meant we had both ends of the spectrum of skiing pleasure. The morning kicked off with light snowfall, low cloud, and flat light all over the place, meaning skiing was almost a chore and only mildly enjoyable. As this is a snow report thread, I can say the piste conditions are still very good in most places. Access to Pic Blanc was closed due to high wind and poor weather conditions for most of the day.

As lunchtime arrived, the clouds began to dissipate and a lovely sunny afternoon was looking promising. We were lucky! A fine sunny afternoon was gifted to us for our last day of skiing. We played around on the snowpark quite a bit and took some varying runs from the top of the Troncon (DMC) Lift. We finished off the afternoon by visiting La Folie Douce for the last time and bombed it down back to village.

As we leave resort tomorrow, the pistes are in good shape in most places and theres more snow forecast on the way. Anyone arriving next week should be in for a good one!
snow report
Well now, the end is near............ You know the rest.

Echoing what Android has said I'm signing off for another 11 months Sad

The weather was naff till 2pm today, but then the sun broke out Very Happy

I too spent the afternoon in the snowpark, which was GREAT till all the ski classes spoilt it for everyone!!!

If you are coming next week don't ski the village run.

The final 100m is mud and snow Mad

All I ask is people keep this thread updated and I will see you all again same time same place next year

Ps. Mrs kite man for the 1st time ever wants to come back to a resort.......result
snow conditions
Nick D wrote:
Android1060, The last pitch of the Sarenne run proper is a quite large south facing bowl which is very rocky in times of poor snow cover and tends to get battered quickly by high skier numbers. I expect they're waiting for this weekends dump. Also a mate skied the run while closed last weekend and there's no snow bridge yet across the river on the run-out. I suppose they can fill it in mechanically once confident the run can be kept open. Have a great last few days anyhow snowHead looks like we're in luck for next week!

its a great run in good conditions but the 25 % is a road run and would need decent snow cover
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy