Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crans Montana in march?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any experience of this? We were thinking of going but.. South facing sunny slopes= warm weather= slush!
Obviously every year is different, but any advice gratefully received!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jules444, ...yep...ski there every dec jan fen and march and later if Easter late. March usually is fine - yes south facing but plaine morte runs at 3000m open and usually in very good condition -last year march was very very good - even recharged powder at cabane du Bois tree zone. It's all weather dependent of course, but we have never been grounded in march.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
March usually fine.

Nuff gunz.

Resort roughly 1500m to 3000m.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The issue for me has been the avalanche risk in spring. It's fairly common for them to have to close the bottom of the Plaine Morte run because of the avalanche risk. This obviously makes it impossible to do the PM run, but also makes it impossible to get across to the Aminona sector. Just having the Crans and Montana sectors can feel a bit limiting, particularly when the lower areas are slushy.

Also check when the World Cup races are, as that shuts the piste Nationale which is a big loss.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd rather have warm and slush than freezing and ice any day! But you should be OK in March. Love Crans Montana.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy