Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Turin Airport to Claviere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ive been quoted £200 for a taxi transfer from Turin airport to Claviere in March, now I know nothing about the area but I'm guessing there must be a bus heading up the hill thats going to be cheaper! Any ideas??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There used to be a bus service from Turin airport to the train station (I used it 20 yrs ago) - check if it is still in operation. You would also need to check which of the Turin stations it goes to - there are a few mainline stations.

You could then take a train from Turin station to Oulx and then there is a bus service from Oulx to Claviere. The bus meets the TGV trains (not local ones). If you check on TGV Europe website you can find the train times and prices between Turin and Oulx (the tickets are probably quite cheap if booked in advance).

You could also contact Taxi Garofalo (based in Oulx) for a quote from Turin to Claviere. We used them on our last holiday (from Montgenevre to Bardoneccia rail station) and they were very good. Probably best to contact them via email unless you speak fluent Italian.

If you are travelling on your own you will probably be able to do the journey by rail and bus for under £50 each way. If you are in a group of 4 taxi might be the way to go.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thirsty, You can try to stick it on our Shared Transfers forum. See if anyone else is going that way on your dates. We also have a few taxi companies based in Turin - they might have an empty leg but that won't be advertised until later in the season.
For shared try http://www.findtransfers.com/shared_transfers.asp

For private just search on the main site. Good luck with finding a cheaper option!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy