Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where can I ski over xmas with a good chance of snow?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any suggestions/recommendations where I can go skiing (I'm a lower intermediate) over xmas hols? Looking for somewhere snow sure with lots of easy reds or tricky blues, thinking about cervinia as I've been there before and enjoyed it, but the availability seems a bit scarce for the xmas week Sad to make things more challenging i'm on a budget, so i'm trying to keep below £600 per person half board.

Thanks in advance Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The_Mac_Daddy, www.silverski.co.uk have an offer on dept 19th December return 26th December £399 catered chalet board (ex Gatwick) . Silver Ski are running strange dates over xmas. The resorts are La Plagne (huge choice of nice chalets, snowheads would love you to go to chalet Maxine and supply us with a report of the "goings on") Courchevel (la Tania & La Praz), Meribel, Reberty 2000. Good company.

Edit- All should have snow with La Tania & La Praz by far the lowest, but they both have excellent gondola uplift to higher slopes

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 13-10-05 15:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The_Mac_Daddy, Snow ? - Tignes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zillertal valley (Mayrhofen etc) - with Hintertux glacier as stand-by if no low level snow.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski wrote:
The_Mac_Daddy, Snow ? - Tignes.

or Val thorens
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How many of you are there in your group? We have availability in our chalet in Alpe D'Huez which has a good record for christmas snow. Holiday would be from 20th-27th December. With the snowheads discount we could probably get close to your budget. Our prices include flights as well so not sure whether that is factored into your buget. Have a look at our website anyway www.skialacarte.co.uk and get in touch with me if you are interested.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The_Mac_Daddy, I would agree with Frosty the Snowman, I have spent the last 2 xmas's in La Plagne, and the conditions were great. You're relatively snow sure with the lowest of the main villages at 1800m, and there is always the glacier if there is a shortage
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The_Mac_Daddy, you could try La Rosiere, always IME good snow at Xmas. I know one of the local hotels Le Relais de Petit San Bernard has rooms available over Xmas. The skiing is good, a mix of France and Italy, the lift pass is great value, the village is very friendly and welcoming.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Guys, thanks for all the replies. It's only the 2 of us (me and the mrs) and unfortunately the Mrs has difficulty getting time off work and doesn't break up for xmas until 23rd, so we'd be looking to travel on 24th dec which is why I'm struggling to find stuff. Maybe I'd be better off waiting until last minute, hope for a cancellation?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Now Mac_Daddy, you don't want to spend 600 quids and then find there is no snow, now do you?
No, you want certainty, and with all this warm air wafting in from godknowswhere, then snow at Christmas is a big big gamble.
I suggest you try one of these:
Greenland
Alaska
Siberia
or The North Pole and make Santa a nice cup of tea when he gets back from his long night delivering presents.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi The_Mac_Daddy, we run a chalet in the southern French Alps (which has a good early season snow record, even last year when a lot of places were struggling at Christmas).

Our change-over day this year is Saturday (24th) so would fit right in with your plans. The price is £400pp for chalet board and we offer free transfers from Nice airport (2hrs 15m). There's a 5% discount for snowHeads and another 5% goes to the site to help keep it running.

EasyJet currently have return flights from Gatwick for £142.71 inc tax which brings you in well under budget.

For more details, take a look at our website www.chalet-ski.co.uk.

Ben
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The_Mac_Daddy, I could offer you some s/c accomm in my apartment in Les Deux Alpes from 23 Dec to 3 Jan or any days between. Sleeps 4, opposite lifts, most skiing above 2100m anyway, so even if theres little around 1650m (resort level) you're guaranteed extensive terrain. Cheap flights with ryanair to Grenoble at the moment (29p each way plus tax early dec when I'm going!!). Plenty of restaurants to choose from so you could have a reasonably cheap week. Some pictures and other stuff at www.alpine-hideout.co.uk if you're interested. Plus on the lift pass you get a free day in ADH/Serre Chevalier if you want a bit more variety. What more could you possibly want??!! Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy