Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski shops in London - which would you recommend?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know about the big chains (well Snow&Rock and Ellis Brigham), and I know of 47 degrees, but are there any others you'd recommend?
Thanks.
Neil Neige
PS Wasn't sure which forum to post this under. Moderators, please feel free to move.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could try http://www.europaskilodge.co.uk/
Europa Ski Lodge, 2 Ditton Road, Surbiton, KT6 6QZ
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Finches in Forest Hill, SE London. Near to Forest Hill train station
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Except that Surbiton isn't really in London! wink

To be honest, beyond the bigger branches of S&R or EB (And recent visits to the latter on High St Ken have been far from impressive), there isn't anything IN London. Around London, yes, but in the centre of town, a ski shop just wouldn't make enough money in the off season to afford being there. So, they're not.

FWIW, my pick of the chains would be S&R on either High St Ken or Covent Garden.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Finches as cathy, says.great folks and I like the dogs Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Never been to Finches. Worth a trip one day? (It is in London, too! wink )
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for these. I live a 10 minute train ride from Surbiton so that is super-handy!
NN
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Neil Neige, Bartletts in Hillingdon.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another vote for Ski Europa. I've never been to Finches either, sounds interesting.
Carlos the Slackal, I live near Clapham Junction, and can be in Surbiton in under 20 minutes. I don't think I could get to Forest Hill that quickly!

I like Ski Bartlett too, but it can be a right pain getting there from Sarf London, as I have just found - my skis were being serviced there and I had to abandon my first attempt to collect them last week, as the traffic was so appalling.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Neil Neige, what are you looking to buy?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+ 1 for Finches.

Nice helpful people , very good advice , can be a little chaotic . Good prices too esp in the summer.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you're after boots, then there's Profeet in Fulham.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
+ 1 for Finches from me too

helpful, knowledgeable and an extensive range of kit
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ditto Finches.

Apart from being the closest ski shop to where I live, it's friendly with good advice and deceptively large - doesn't look massive from the front but the shop goes back quite a long way so it carries a good range of kit.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy