Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard Boot Warmers / Heaters ??

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I'm new this forum as this is my 1st question whivh I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I go on a snowboarding holiday to Val Thorens in 3 weeks time :0) however our chalet doesn't actually have a boot warming facility in it.

Ive found a few boot warmer products on Amazon at decent prices but what im really after is something that I can take in my suit case with me tp heat my boots up of a night.

Does anyone have or know of anything that would be suitable for this wether it be online or in a high street shop ?

Really appreciate anyones help with this.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Leave them near a radiator.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lol, i did think of that but its no good as it wont dry all the way through! I need something propper!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Si_Dean, take the liners out of the boots. Then either put on the rad overnight, they will dry. If your boots are all in one type construction (ie no separate liners) like my Sally F22s, try Dryzone boot driers.... I got them from EllisB, but doesn't look like they stock them anymore.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Si Dean - chalets usually have pretty substantial radiators so you can cram a fair amount of stuff on them. As already said, remove the liners when you get in, put the liners on the (hot) radiator and they'll be dry in a few hours. The boot will be damp inside also but should dry overnight - you can put them on the radiator too if you wish.

I usually get in, separate both mine and the missus' liners from boots, chuck the lot on the radiator along with jackets and thermals and leave them. Never ever had issues Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for your help peeps!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Me and OH always fight over radiator space, it's usually first come first served but a bit of jiggery pokery always goes on. But my snowboard boot liners always end up dry by the next morning Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
a tin of lynx and a zippo lighter will warm them up really well, but will also torch them. I'd stick to the radiator advice.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Si Dean - last year I bought these for my DH. He hates gimmicky gadgets and I wasn't expecting a great deal of enthusiasm. However - he loved them and thought they did a brilliant job of drying his boots overnight - or giving them a quick warm-up over a lunchtime break back at the apartment. They were small and light enough to pack in the board bag. I think I got them from Snow and Rock. Unlike some reviews, we didn't think they were particularly noisy.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefirefairy, So what did you buy? You've forgotten to include the link Very Happy
ps what does DH mean I can't work it out, OH I get but not DH
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Doh! Sorry - here's the link: http://www.snowandrock.com/pws/UniqueProductKey.ice?ProductID=HTC001000
I case the link doesn't work, it's Hotronic Snapdry.
DH - dear husband
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thefirefairy, Thanks, now I know Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You guys must have very sweaty or leaky boots, we just leave ours in the hallway of the apartment ovrnight and they're always dry in the morning.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rule 5 NehNeh

But srsly, I tend to just keep my boots in my room/apt. They don't need to be 'warm' but they are certainly comfortable enough to put on in the morning. If you want to dry them out overnight, then I've got one of these which is quite compact when it's folded down

http://www.lockwoods.com/ski-boots/ski-boot-warmers-dryers-accessories/therm-ic-thermicrefresher-with-inclusive-timer/prod_4348.html
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
vickitav, Maybe we board so hard we get hot and sweaty Laughing
snow report
I was just thinking that as I got to your post feef,

You're not a boarder until you happily do it in damp boots snowHead
snow report
Why even worry. its not like damp feet are going to kiil you.
latest report
Hey not saying I don't get sweaty - am a proper boarder you know!
We always spray some boot freshener in every evening and in the morning everything's good to go - either that or my socks are so thick I don't notice they're still wet...
snow report
No, I don't see here any related issue..

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 10-01-13 13:34; edited 3 times in total
snow report
I bought some Thermic boot warmers last year. Think I searched web and picked them up for £15 or so. They worked great. Not only on boots, but also gloves.

I bought the version with a continental plug on it, thinking it would save on packing another adaptor. Seemed like a good idea at the time. BUT realised quickly that this means I can't use at home to dry out trainers etc. I thought I could plug into shaver socket, but I hadn't figured on the current draw that blows fuses in shaver sockets!

So, I've now fitted a 'normal' uk plug instead!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy