Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would 179's be right for me?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
About to buy some skis for the first time, decided to go for the K2 Kung Fujas. Was just wondering whether a length of 179 is right for me or if I should go for the 169's.

I am hovering around 11 st at the moment though will probably be a few pounds heavier by the time I go. Am 6ft exactly and have at least 6 weeks skiing experience, lost count a little bit. Am happy to do most runs, only run I have really had trouble with in recent years was Le Face when it was extremely icy on my first day of skiing on that holiday.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm at a similar level of experience and three inches shorter than you and my skis are in the 172-179 range so I think probably the longer ones for you.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Def 179.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm 5'6", 70kg and have a similar amount of experience as you and I ski a 169cm so I'd say 179cm would be better for you and as the K2's are a twin tip it's better to get them a bit longer.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the help people!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy