Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alp D'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
My first posting on here so be nice! Looking at booking a holiday to Alp D'Huez for next January for a mixed ability group of 16. Will the resort be suitable for complete beginners through to advanced skiers / boarders and will the nightlife be lively enough for a few 20 somethings coming with us that like to party all night long? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Rach, I've never been but you should get detailed replies from the others when they wake up Laughing .

Hope you have a good trip, cheers.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rach, hi there Rach - we're always nice here! I haven't been to Alp D either - but I know others have Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Went to Alpe d'Huez 10 years ago. You should have no problem with the skiing terrain, there's an easy wide open bowl just above the resort that looks ideal for beginners, plenty of intermediate stuff and some challenging blacks.

To me nightlife was fine if you could tolerate the level of smoke. I remember a fantastic night in The Undergroud, but it needed ventilation. Things may have improved since then.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rach, went to Alpe D this year....it's a grand resort for a mixed ability group, everything from the gentlest green nursery slopes to the steepest blacks! Nightlife also good....well, I was trying to sleep in a room above The Underground and from the noise it sounded fine! (I'm a bit of an old stick in the mud and prefer to get some sleep than drink til the early hours!). We've even got it on the shortlist for our own group holiday.

If you want some more ideas look at the "Here's a challenge for you..." post on the Resorts section where I got lots of ideas from everyone for mixed ability resorts, should give you some good ideas. (sorry not sure how to link to a post on the site....maybe someone could tell me sometime?)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=633
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or even

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=393

Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rach, the "easy wide open bowl" Pete Horn describes is really easy to access, and it's a fantastic resort with some of the best and longest runs for the more advanced. Was thre last April, great place.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I went in 2000 and the skiing is great!

Apres Ski is a bit limited- only 2 really good bars so its a bit same old same old ( go to Smitheys and Underground) so its ok but not mad like Andorra/ some resorts in Italy etc

I wouldnt go back with my friends now ive seen the nightlife in other resorts
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

(sorry not sure how to link to a post on the site....maybe someone could tell me sometime?)

Homp Homp and others - linking is dead easy. Honest.
If you just cut and paste in (or even type) the full URL in the correct format like the ones above i.e. http://whatever...... this wonderful software automatically converts it to a link. Magic. Try one and check it in preview before you submit.

If you want to hide all this geeky URL stuff and give your link a nicer name that's a little harder. But not difficult. Have a look in the FAQ section on the top of the site home page for simple instructions Cool .

BTW - is it just me or is this board running like a 3 legged dog this afternoon ?

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 24-03-04 15:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can't really speak for the nightlife, but for skiing it's superb - the greens are longer and wider than any beginner could ever wish for, and the blacks and off-piste are right up there with Val D'Isere.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kuwait_ian wrote:

BTW - is it just me or is this board running like a 3 legged dog this afternoon ?

I thought it was because I was at work & our external connections are frequently overloaded.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all the info, think we'll get it booked this weekend as everyone is quite keen to go! Which means we've all got 10 months to get excited about it!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well how about that - a first time poster becomes a satisfied snowHeads user in no time flat.
Have a good one Rach - and join the fun in here while you wait. Cool
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
To many skiers Alp D'Huez = Longest black run in Europe.

It does have a good variety of slopes and big eough to suit everybody. For those who drive there are 20 hairpins bends to pass through.
ski holidays
A perfect choice for mixed group. We took a group of ten ranging from novices to high end intermedietes/advanced and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. The pistes are arranged almost perfectly. Greens at the bottom then blues and reds further up and some challenging blacks at the top. The Sarenne is a greta run. only "black" in some places but it tests all your skills as you need to tackle moguls, carving, schussing and a long catrack at the bottom which gets crowded.

nightlife is good by french standards. Check out Smithys, O bar and Sharkeys. the Igloo is the main club if I remember.

I would definately go back. Get the suncream out though. Its a very sunny resort.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy