Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Report: Ski Resorts in Europe 2012/2013

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Europäisches Verbraucher Zentrum (the Austrian one, I believe, one of several European Consumer Centres set up by the European Union) has issued a report on Ski Resorts in Europe (151 pages, 3.7MB). The report can be downloaded from the site accessed by the link.

I haven't read it all! And I'm not sure how reliable the data are (though those round about here that I have checked were correct). Also there seem to be fewer French resorts reported on than one might expect. However, there is a wealth of information in the report, some of which may be of interest to snowHeads when comparing resorts.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Strangely they mention the Netherlands, but not Scotland
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oops - hadn't noticed that! There was supposedly an ECC United Kingdom involved. Had they never heard of Scottish skiing? But the table on page 12 says that 7 UK resorts were contacted but none answered. Only themselves to blame, if that was the case.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 16-11-12 15:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jafa wrote:
Strangely they mention the Netherlands, but not Scotland

"United Kingdom".
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And it seems like 7 contacted................................and nil returns. Doesnt say whether they were Scottish outdoor ones or English indoor ones.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's nice to read. Thanks for posting it here! I did find some things in the France section that I'm not sure are correct...

P56-57:

- I thought La Plagne has not had a summer season on the Bellecote since the early 2000's? According to Perso La Plagne (quick research wink ) there has been no summer skiing since 2002 but the official statement only came in 2005.

- La Voie Lactee (Milky Way): I really don't know a lot about this area but I always thought it had around 400km of pistes, not the 600km they mention here. Google seems to back me up.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fascinating reading.I never realised that France only had 15 resorts (the number contacted) which is fewer than Germany. There is apparently no skiing at all in Andorra, but lots in Bulgaria. and 7 resorts in the UK. Who would have thought it - the UK has more ski resorts than Andorra.
jafa, There are 7 UK outdoor resorts mentioned on page 119 of which 5 are in Scotland and 3 indoor ones on page 132
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy