Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pivot transition turns

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I found this on you tube
http://youtube.com/v/gikhnEOqGrw

I think it’s one of Fastmans video’s

What drill are there to do pivot transition like this Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any activity where you are twisting your skis with your legs (not with the rest of your body) will help develop pivoting or rotational skills. Last weekend I was teaching a clinic on skills for steep terrain and we used some drills which were a bit like linked hockey stops, but without the sudden stop, as a way of developing range and rate of rotation. In the clip Marcel Hirscher was blending a controlled pivot to start some of his turns, and then skillfully dropping on to the skis edges so as not to lose time. Great to see, especially in slow motion when you can more easily appreciate what he's doing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, I think the slow motion show unbelievable skill
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Glen Charman wrote:
rob@rar, I think the slow motion show unbelievable skill
Yes, me too. With the new regulations for GS skis I think we'll be seeing more of those pivoted entries to turns, on more gates and with bigger initial steering angles.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Glen Charman, yes, that is one of Fastman's - his "Ski Coach" DVDs have any number of drills helping to build pivot skills.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, don't forget the drills which have the added advantage of toning the arms. wink (Ow!)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, were you doing pivot slips, then?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skinanny wrote:
rob@rar, were you doing pivot slips, then?
No, not on that occasion. Some similarities but the rotary movement was much quicker. It was in a sequence of drills and was used to get my students being confident at twisting their skis right across the fall line, at high speed. Pivot slips (often called braquage on this side over here) are good for rotation, but normally performed at a much lower rate of rotation.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy