Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Giro Lure / Montane

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone else got one of these gorgeous new helmets from the Giro 2013 range?

I am having a great deal of trouble adjusting to get the right fit on mine. Having followed the instructions to the letter I now find that the height adjustment on the tightening bit at the back won't stay in place and instead of slotting into position - according to the manual - is just sliding up and down the tracks.

I've sent a message to Edge and Wax where I bought it but have had no response from them yet - I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Has anyone got any ideas? The helmet costs £130 so I'm more than a bit distressed about this (especially as I really didn't want a helmet in the first place!)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sorry havent got the answer but am interested as my daughter tried one on briefly and loved it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
At 320g it really is the lightest on the market but it does come at a price
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
in blue it also meant she had a matching, so to speak, outfit.

white slamon boots, soon to be replaced by blue lange
white ski trousers
blue jacket
blue gloves
possible blue giro helmet, with white goggles and blue lenses
white skis

pig in excrement she was till i baulked at the £130 tag in Ellis Brigham and told her no.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello, we did receive your email into our bulging inbox at some point today, but we are extremely busy as can be seen by me doing emails and snowheads 10:30pm at night Smile We will come back to you but by email would be difficult, so best as you suggest to give us a call, so we can get the same helmet in front of us and discuss your questions in 'real time'

We do get around 100 emails a day and a LOT of live chats, so as we are a small team who needs to be boot-fitting and serving customers in the showroom too, we cannot always answer emails instantly but do respond when we get time to answer them fully!

Many thanks

ScottyDog
Owner - Edge & Wax
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dont think it was a dig scottydog, jst asking for advice about adjustment.

now if it turns out its blue, adult small (55ish) and it gets returned how much for a slightly used helmet? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers scottydog, and thanks for your reply earlier, which I picked up just after I posted. Definitely not a dig at you guys who were brilliant when I came in at the weekend. Your showroom guys were brilliant in helping me find the right helmet. I just wondered if any SHs had the same issue.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
HI, not taken as a dig, I just happened to be logged in and wanted to let you know we had got your email Smile

ScottyDog
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good news and some advice for other owners. Have chatted through the problem with Tom in the shop and we have worked out the problem.

If you have one of these helmets, whatever you do, do not follow the instructions that come with it as it seems the design has changed since the instructions were written! The action of 'unsnapping' the the height adjustment (as instructed by the booklet) has actually broken the fitting on my helmet so it will need to be replaced. This model appears to 'slide' up and down tracks where the instruction booklet clearly shows a line of holes to 'snap' the fitting back into the appropriate one - obviously from previous models.

I hope I've saved anyone else experiencing the same problem!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scampi Dellahanti, Typical woman! A man would never had read the instructions in the first place Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy