Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

RS1 skis with adjustable tails...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just come across this website for the RS1 ski which has a hinged tail section! See photo:

Quote: On his first ever ski trip to Chamonix, France, several years ago, inventor Rony Shirion had an unfortunate accident that resulted in a twisted knee ligament. He could not ski for the rest of his holiday. On his return home to the UK, and still in pain from his fall, Rony visited an aquarium where he saw a shark swimming through the water.
An idea immediately struck him and the RS1 ski was born! If a fish uses its tail to swim though water then why does a ski not do the same thing? As we turn on skis we want to feel that smooth transaction from turn to turn and that’s just what Rony wanted to achieve with his new ski.

The website says the ski will most benefit "beginners and entry level intermediates", and that "the main advantages are easy initiation of the turn and easy steering of the inside ski from plough to parallel."

Thoughts anyone? I was quite skeptical of the Ski Mojo when it was first announced, but several Snowheads have since said how they appreciate its benefits.
So what's the verdict fellow Snowheads - technical triumph or turkey? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here's a thread we prepared earlier.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=91020
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thought - I wonder how the hinged tail would behave if the skis had telemark bindings? Could be interesting.... Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, Oops thanks for that, I missed that when I looked at existing threads on Equipment Reviews/Questions as I didn't go back past the first page. Quite a spat there ! Laughing

As a matter of interest, did the try out of the RS1s at Hemel take place?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alastair Pink, not sure if there has been a test of them. That thread did get a bit silly, but I'm still curious to have my questions answered.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

the RS1 ski which has a hinged tail section!

Whatever you do, don't tell TomFromAustria Very Happy Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy