Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can I Be First to Post the 'Snow Melting & Panic Grips the Alps' Thread?

Poster: A snowHead
Gulp....Two and a bit weeks until my Tignes trip and there's seemingly a rapid thaw setting in.... Confused
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes you can rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Only if I can be the first to post: "OMG, there's no snow yet!*"

*at resorts below 1500m
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
mountainaddict, can I just ask, what conditions were you expecting for late November? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
mountainaddict, can I just ask, what conditions were you expecting for late November? Toofy Grin

Since when did the 14th count as "late" ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Only if you want to be roundly castigated for having unrealistic expactations.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh dear, I fear that my latest misguided attempt at humour has fallen flat Sad ....

Ricklovesthepowder But...but...won't it be waist deep powder Toofy Grin ??

But really, we're easily please where skiing's concerned - as the pics below may testify - so we'll take whatever's going, thank you very much! Would be nice to ski Espace Killy on its (alleged) opening day of 1st Dec though. On that note, I do wonder whether the snowHead Early Doors Bash to Tignes on the same date was arranged with just skiing the glacier in mind? Hmmm....

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 19-11-12 13:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Never mind that, I've heard a rumour the sun's going to disappear late this afternoon. I know the "experts" say it'll be back in the morning, but can we really be sure?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It feels quite similar to last year. Very promising Autumn snowfall, then a big thaw, followed by a 'will it or won't it' clear-skies tease leading up to the opening days.

Really high up at least is looking OK (Val T opens in 10 days, looks like full cover, although not especially deep), Tignes Le Lac is starting to look scrappy, but over in Val Claret they seem to be keeping Double M open...

It's definitely disappointing to watch it all deteriorating, given that I put in my first ski turns at about 1500m altitude in October! That same spot (and for hundreds of metres higher up) is now just damp grass.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Its like the worst flirt ever - flash some leg (snow) then run off! Twisted Evil

Not all lost though, looked at the forecast for the next 2 weeks, there is some snow forecast for the 24th and 27th.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
Not all lost though, looked at the forecast for the next 2 weeks, there is some snow forecast for the 24th and 27th.
Kelv1n: Which forecast do you use for longer range? I usually go for Accuweather for a valley town like Moutiers.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mountainaddict, The only forecast worth listening to is right here on the weather outlook thread...

Love those pictures
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mr Piehole wrote:
It feels quite similar to last year. Very promising Autumn snowfall, then a big thaw, followed by a 'will it or won't it' clear-skies tease leading up to the opening days.
I'd take a repeat of last year Happy It was a nervous moment in the last week of November and the first week of December. But then it started to snow and didn't really stop until Christmas. I've never seen so much snow at the beginning of a season. This was on 18 December:

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
looks fine higher up, pretty damn good for 14th Nov IMHO

latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What's everyone worrying about, the BBC think its all fine and dandy! Laughing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/20325941
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, or any other snowhead, is there any way to get updated when the BBC update that forecast at all?
ski holidays
getting really worried now, will there be snow on 25th january ?
latest report
rob@rar, Oh yeah, last year turned out nice didn't it. However, I remember an almost entirely snowless Feb and March though (and then a last minute April topup where I found the best on-piste snow of the entire winter, because it was just the fresh natural stuff, not all mixed up with bet-hedging manmade as it was earlier in the season).

So anyway were it not for that freak December period, it could have been a right disaster.
latest report
ribblevalleyblue, nope. May as well cancel.
latest report
Mr Piehole wrote:
rob@rar, Oh yeah, last year turned out nice didn't it. However, I remember an almost entirely snowless Feb and March though
Yeah, although I was in Japan in February so didn't really care Toofy Grin
latest report
red 27 Cheers re. the pics!
snow conditions
Kelv1n wrote:
Its like the worst flirt ever - flash some leg (snow) then run off! Twisted Evil

I use a an app on Android called WeatherPro made by MeteoGroup http://www.meteogroup.co.uk/home.html

Used it for about 4 years now, originally had it on my iPhone before Android, its probably the best App i've ever brought Smile
snow conditions
Looking good in Livigno too -

Taken from http://www.facebook.com/MottolinoFunMountain
snow conditions
Depends where you're looking I suppose.....Montgenevre have just announced that they're opening this coming weekend, 2 week early, due to the great conditions!!
ski holidays
The season is over, glad I got a ski in last weekend. Looking forward to 2013/2014.
snow report
waynos, Laughing
snow conditions
Phew, glad I haven't spent much on new kit this season as I obviously won't need it....
ski holidays
Quote:
I remember an almost entirely snowless Feb and March though
Yep, apart from fresh tracks every day for five days, our Silvretta ski tour in Feb was almost entirely snowless....
Quote:
Depends where you're looking I suppose.....
Very Happy

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mountainaddict, sweet, where was that?
ski holidays
I didn't mean 'there wasn't any snow on the ground'. I mean 'not much snow fell out of the sky'.

Well done you.
ski holidays
Quote:
I didn't mean 'there wasn't any snow on the ground'. I mean 'not much snow fell out of the sky'
I know - but , fortunately, quite a lot fell out of the sky the day before our Austrian ski tour wink. I was simply attempting to be slightly humourous by responding in like fashion to two points made earlier:
1. That I was initially highlighting warm weather and melting snow in Tignes.
2. That, in response, someone mentioned that Montgenevre is great at the moment - so it just depends where you look.
Quote:
Well done you
It was no trouble. Really. Cheers.
Quote:
Sweet, where was that?
The Silvretta area of Austria - on the border with Switzerland. We started a 5 day ski tour in Ischgl.
snow conditions
The snow looked amazing as I flew over the Alps on the way back from Istanbul yesterday. A beautiful view of the Chiemsee too.
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
The snow looked amazing as I flew over the Alps on the way back from Istanbul yesterday. A beautiful view of the Chiemsee too.

Oh yah, looking good too from the porthole of the ISS I must say.
snow conditions
Kelv1n wrote:
Kelv1n wrote:

I use a an app on Android called WeatherPro made by MeteoGroup http://www.meteogroup.co.uk/home.html

Used it for about 4 years now, originally had it on my iPhone before Android, its probably the best App i've ever brought Smile

thanks - just downloaded it!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy