Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire for a group - Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We are going to Val Thorens in January and I am starting to get very excited (haven't been for a couple of years and can't wait! Razz ). There is a group of us going and I think about 8 of us will need to hire ski stuff. Has anyone had any success trying to get a group discount - or will the ski shops just laugh at me?

On a side note - does anyone have any recommendations for places to hire skis/boards?

If anyone has any general tips (or can give me the link to thread - I have had a look for a general resort thread but couldn't find one - If there is one then apologies from a newbie!)

Thanks a lot
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pcj2000, If you can be bothered for all 8 of you to go to a few different places waving a few hundred € in cash then I should think a good price will be acheived...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pcj2000,

Welcome to snowHead

Check where you're staying as whilst it's not massive, you do want to find a shop in roughly the same bit of resort as you're staying..there are different quarters e.g. peclet, plan soleil etc. This map shows it in more detail (click to expand)

My BiL and niece rented from ski republic in peclet which was fine for them. Also have a look at http://www.alpinresorts.com/en/ski-rental/france/rhone-alpes/val-thorens which does some decent deals (basically a reseller for intersport & others) - I've used them myself 3x without any issues in different resorts
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
red 27 wrote:
pcj2000, If you can be bothered for all 8 of you to go to a few different places waving a few hundred € in cash then I should think a good price will be acheived...

Val Thorens and common sense don't necesarily go hand in hand - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1932143
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers for the tips - will give it a go! Loved the restaurant stories!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try Twinners, they give a discount on-line, then a group discount. I notice the VT discount is quite low.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just send a few of them an e-mail and see what they come back with. Otherwise Ski Republic and Intersport tend to have the cheapest deals online in France.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy