Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone Fancy Mammoth/Breckenridge/Tahoe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

I'm hoping/planning to go to California/Utah/Colorado in February/March.
I'm an early forties male, and I do have friends, but they either don't ski/ride, or the ones that do are too busy with their young families.

I'm intending to rent a condo, and wondered if anyone fancied coming along. Many of the available places are 2/3 bedrooms, so a gender mix is possible.

I've ridden alone before, and I'll do so again - I usually meet up with someone on the slopes. But it would be nicer to have some company.

A pure "for instance" would be something like:

http://www.redawning.com/rental-property/skiers-dream-condo-sleeps-6-stateline

14 nights would cost $2800 - so between 4 that would only be £500 each.
Plus flights, lift tickets and food would still be a good price for an awesome two weeks.

I'm flexible on almost all aspects (accommodation standard, location, dates and duration)

Anyone interested?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
welcome to sHs. You might get enough interest but to be honest motels/hotels are cheap and plentiful in those places so you can go with much smaller party sizes than you need for a condos.

Your "for instance" is actually in a rubbish location, great for mountain access (of one mountain) but seriously poor for access to apres/evening/ shopping which in practice means someone would always need to be designated driver. You need to be aware of this pitfall in N America , ski-in/out comes at a significnat premium which isn't always warnnted by the non-skiing experience.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the comments, FatBob (I used to ride one of them wink )

I've ridden North America before, and am familiar with the need to drive - especially in the Tahoe area.
I'd much prefer convenient aprés and shopping, but I've never seen it with good prices.
Indeed I prefer the trifecta of convenient shopping/aprés/slope-access that we can get in Europe. But that seems pretty rare in the US.

I'd welcome any suggestions you have for where I can get it all without paying the earth.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DoctorDee, I've also done the N.Am thing - I learned to ride in Mammoth, and i'd be on your offer like a shot if i didn't have the family/kids to consider, ah... the 'BeforeTime'...

Anyway I know what you mean about the whole ski/shop/party experience being a more distributed affair across the pond. The only one that i've been to which had a bit of a European resort feel to it was Whistler, although since the rennovations at Mammoth Village, you can access the mountain directly via the gondola, so there may be a bit more of that kind of feel there now... errk, just realised its been 10 years since I was there last Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DD sounds good im interested in a N.America/Canada trip. Have been to Tahoe last couple of years (pretty mixed bag last season very poor snow, year before broke all records). Would be interested in some sort of safari. Either USA or Canada.

What dates were you thinking of??

Jon
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi there I saw your post re going to USA...possibly Breckenridge,I am a solo ski-ier and reasonably good.Il ski anything and as Im off to Whistler on my own in December its cost the earth as usual,so I may be interested in the USA.Let me know more please?
Slalomskiboy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy