Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Let the Idle uniformed opinions start

Poster: A snowHead
http://espn.go.com/olympics/skiing/story/_/id/8624675/lindsey-vonn-admitted-hospital-undisclosed-illness
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
undiagnosed stomach condition since Solden apparantly...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Undergoing a sex change to get around the latest ruling.
Blush
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh yes, the thought of her lying around in a uniform!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I didn't recognise her in a feature Eurosport ran, very changed since her split from Vonn.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fattes13, Finally been sectioned? Just kidding guys. She has not been the same since her head injury at Hinterreit just before the World Championships in Garmisch in 2010. You remember the weird statements coming out after that as well as her lack of consistent performance? I think the injury was worse than everyone thought.

Apparently she has had a knee problem throughout the summer as well. I thought it was weird that she missed Levi considering she wants to break the 2000 points or whatever record this season. Whatever it is, I hope she is sorted out quickly and back racing soon. Like her or not, she is talented and adds colour to the scene.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cynic, I actually thought she looked very bloated around the face and neck in the Eurosport feature, perhaps it was just me?

Whatever it is I do hope she recovers regardless of peoples opinion of her personality and life she is an incredible athlete, and she is constantly pushing the boundaries.

Samerberg Sue, I had heard about the Knee and she did say herself on Eurospor that she had changed her training to account for it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm reading in the German Press that it is something to do with an ongoing stomach problem - she was apparently unwell in Sölden but again, it is only speculation. There is mention on her Farcebook pages about being unwell there which she initially put down to jet-lag. but not much since.

I hope she is back to top form soon as well. I'm not a fan, I was never one even way back when she was Lindsey Kildow - much preferred Sarah Schlepper and the off-the-wall character of Mancuso. But there is no denying her talent nor the way she makes others work harder to beat her!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fattes13 wrote:
Cynic, I actually thought she looked very bloated around the face and neck in the Eurosport feature, perhaps it was just me?

Whatever it is I do hope she recovers regardless of peoples opinion of her personality and life she is an incredible athlete, and she is constantly pushing the boundaries.

Samerberg Sue, I had heard about the Knee and she did say herself on Eurospor that she had changed her training to account for it.

I also thought the same, as well as sounding and looking depressed.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PREGNANT!!!!!!!

Cynic, I thought exactly the same, she looked rough, and spud, yep, that "sparkle" had gone, maybe living up to all the (self induced) hype is starting to take its toll.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kooky wrote:
PREGNANT!!!!!!!

Cynic, I thought exactly the same, she looked rough, and spud, yep, that "sparkle" had gone, maybe living up to all the (self induced) hype is starting to take its toll.

my thoughts Very Happy

wonderful athlete cant understand why people are always dissing sucessful athletes Confused
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
iskar, wonderful in the same way as Armstrong maybe wink

I'm not implying that she is anything other than clean, but she has always had an arrogance about her that others in the USA team did not. Whatever it was, she was not that popular in her own team until she started cleaning up big time and there is a long term rivalry that has not always been friendly between her and Manucso.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

wonderful in the same way as Armstrong maybe

Beat me to it
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bloated and tons of makeup to hide the acne, now taking time off... concerns over random drug testing anyone ?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
you tend to find that the majority of top sportsmen and women are deemed to be 'arrogant' where as its usually a single minded desire to win. I like the thread that as shes so sucessful there fore shes on drugs......wonderful.. Crying or Very sad of course if she was a brit and the americans were to suggest that wed all be up in arms wouldnt we (shades of the french and cycling comes to mind wink )
snow conditions
Rocking the proverbial boat, especially in the sports world is dangerous. Skiing like any sport is backed by powerful individuals and corporate enterprise. Like football, skiing is bigger than any single racer, try to upset the status quo and who knows you might end up with an ongoing stomach ache or worse. Food for thought! wink

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 13-11-12 17:38; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
iskar, I was not referring to Armstrong's love of enhancing his performance and clearly said I did not mean she was using drugs! But he had an arrogance that accompanied his single-mindedness which made him unpopular even outside of the sport. This is despite his obvious good work on raising funds for his Lifestrong foundation. He is not a sympathetic person. She has a similar reputation which was only mitigated somewhatwhen she started doing some of the photoshoots that bought her flocks of male fans in! you only have to look at the images that appear here to see that!

I also dispute your statement about the majority of top sportsmen and women needing to be arrogant to be singleminded - certainly not the case with many world class athletes. Just taking skiers as examples; Mancuso does not come across as arrogant, nor did Sarah Schlepper, both of whom take/took time to talk with fans and showed a fun side to their characters. The same with others like Benni Raich and Marlies Schild and many of the greats of yesteryear like Michael von Grünigen, Hermann Maier, Anne-Marie Möser Pröll. Ingmar Stenmark and Marc Girardelli though both had a similar pricklely relationship with their fellow team members and the public. Girardelli even switching from Austrian to Luxembourg colours because of his problems within the team.
latest report
Even though Armstrong thing is very popular lately, I don't really think this is problem with anyone in alpine skiing. There's still so huge gap before alpine skiers hit limits where doping would be needed, so I don't think this is case here. Ok someone might be stupid enough to think, doping can be used instead of training, but I still think this is not an option.
As far as Lindsey is concerned, her arrogance can't be compared to what Armstrong was (no idea how he's now, since it's has been few years since I needed to deal with him). Lindsey might be arrogant to her teammates or other competitors (this also depends who do you ask about this), but toward media and fans, she's anything but arrogant. Armstrong on the other hand, was arrogant toward everyone, including (or especially) to people who made it possible for him to be what he was... to media.
snow report
primoz wrote:
There's still so huge gap before alpine skiers hit limits where doping would be needed

Hmm - you might need to revisit that statement. I think you'll find all sorts of sports have had drug issues, not just endurance ones.

The obvious one in alpine skiing is of course recovery from injury or indeed allowing one to accelerate training; after all most alpine skiers have very well developed large muscle groups.
latest report
dsoutar, believe me I'm pretty up to date with this thing. As well with amount and ways of trainings alpine skiers have Wink
snow conditions
Most ski racers are Aholes on the hill , some just have an ability to compartmentalise it to the hill and leave it there Smile I have been lucky to meet a number of the top athletes over the years and have found 90% of them great with fans etc.

Others not so much. There is no way she is pregnant I was careful every time Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Fattes13, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
I can't believe this thread! Poor girl is ill and in hospital and all we can talk about is, is she on drugs and what a horrible person she is rolling eyes .

She is a superb athlete and she is ill. I wish her all the best for her recovery and hope to enjoy watching her compete again soon. That is all Evil or Very Mad .
ski holidays
maggi, entirely irrelevantly - I could not endorse your tag more warmly! Only 'generous purveyor of fags' is missing. (I know nothing about Lindsey Vonn, save that she can ski a bit. Sorry if she's unwell.)
snow report
Pedantica, Toofy Grin thanks! (It was Kramer wot said it].)
snow report
maggi, well said.
snow report
maggi, +1,000.00 The thread was started as an FYI and before anyone could start the red top speculation elsewhere on the forum. I have nothing but the upmost respect for her as an Athlete.
ski holidays
It really has opened a can of worms.

Regardless of whether she is ill or not, and why she is ill, does it suprise anyone when people jump to the assumption of Drugs?

In this day and age, i'm suspicious of anyone who has to train so hard and recover and then perform. Did it suprise anyone when Armstrong was found out? I wish it wasn't that way...but it just is.

Has anyone else read Hermann Maiers book, the race of my life? I was gobsmacked at the lab and doctors and training and recovery sessions. It was so scientific. Tubes, wires, blood, oxygen...etc,etc. Not saying anything untoward...but nothing suprises me.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ski racer in hospital WOW, there's a first.
ski holidays
Why is this news unless the PR machine wanted it to be? We all heard of how she was in such pain and might not have been able to compete shortly before bagging gold easily in the Olympics.

Re drugs - the most speculation a google finds is that linking her romantically to Tim Tebow, a guy more soap opera than source of direct professional sporting achievements (outstanding college career however).
snow conditions
I confess, it was me, My rubber broke Embarassed

Me and Linds are going to have to get married now Very Happy
snow report
Fattes13 wrote:
Re: Let the Idle uniformed opinions start

You need to go back to spelling school, dude.

Vonn is in a bad way.

Hope she bounces back.
ski holidays
Doesn't sound too good... http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-13/ski-champion-lindsey-vonn-is-tested-for-severe-intestinal-pain.html
snow report
Whitegold, No I dont because I don't give a flying monkeys what you or any spelling or grammar Nazi thinks.
snow conditions
Hmmm... does that "monkeys" need an apostrophe? Presumably it refers to a monkey's somethingorother so probably it should. Anyway, Fattes13, ignore that serial onanist. He just wants you to think he has a hotline to Lindsey's bedside.
snow conditions
Fattes13, Won't Lara be jealous of your philandering...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Bode Swiller,

...but how many bits of how many monkeys?
ski holidays
Fattes13, Laughing Laughing Ich stimme auch zu! wink

I'm not sure whether to post this as perhaps as it is not signed and stamped and therefore it could be just "speculation". According to another web site I belong to a very reliable source has said she has colitis and will remain in hospital a couple of days yet. If it is, I hope she gets well soon because that is one nasty tummy ache! She has not been able to train properly since Sölden, so I doubt we will see her at the next races in Aspen, maybe she will be well enough for the DH in Lake Louise (the ladies one that is!).
snow report
Samerberg Sue sure that´s not "coitus interruptus" wink well,Fattes13, did say he was being careful Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
kooky, it's from your mate Kurti, so maybe we should ask him! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy