Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

online stores for file guides/ files/ waxes etc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone give me the web address for any good online shops for buying servicing equipment for skis?

I know I found a really good one a few months ago with loads of stuff on and now I can't find it again.

Preferably not: s&r, EB, ski racing supplies, ski bartlett. I know there is something with a far better range than these but cannot find it again. please help
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bartlett has a much bigger range than their website shows. I visited their shop recently and was impressed by how much tuning kit they had (and the advice they gave), but for some reason this range doesn't appear on thier website.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
waitingforwinter, Tognar ?

Ditto rob@rar.org.uk, Don't discount Bartlett - give them a ring !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
waitingforwinter, I've imported most of my gear from the US as cheaper/better selection/better quality etc. Had very good service from all of the following:

http://www.therace-place.com for their excellent 'Beast' products.

http://www.race-werks.com for their excellent 'SVST' products & 'Moonflex' stones/Secret sauce cutting fluid which I used when gunsmithing.

http://www.artech.com for general gear. You can't actually pay online so you fax your order to George on 001 603 632 9360.

Aslo for Kunzmann products (who make gear for many of the sold called brand names) via Ronnie http://www.kandie-imports.com

I've had good service from Barlett's but their web site is crap which puts me off.

Finally, although I never used them (yet) I heard good reports about Ed Pirie at http://datawax.com
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon wrote:
I've had good service from Barlett's but their web site is crap which puts me off.

I agree, which is a shame because in my limited experience they are pretty good for this stuff. Certainly much better than any other UK retailer I've used. They have SVST, Kunzman and Beast edge guides in stock (although not sure about Secret Sauce!), and I think they will make a special order for anything you want but they don't have available. If you are in West London they are worth a visit, or at very least a phone call.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar.org.uk, There you go, I didn't know that Bartlett's stocked SVST & Beast products etc. They really are missing a trick with their web site.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon, I was surprised when I visited the shop. Bought a couple of SVST Icecut files and a diamond stone which I think is a Swix product but rebadged and therefore cheaper.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks for the advice. I agree about bartlett's website. I will get in touch though to see what they have.

Main reason for asking for web - based ones is that i was bored at work and fancied spending a bit of time having a look at what is around. Will try to get to or speak to Bartletts though.

Thanks
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
waitingforwinter, wait until after the Daily Mail show before you call.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have brought several items from Bartlett's as they appear at at quite a few of the ERSA ski races.
Would there be any objection if I pass the above comments on to Terry Bartlett as it might help persuade him to do something about his web site.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kevinrhead, no objection from me. It would be terrific to see their website getting as good as the service I recieved when I visited the shop recently.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I too recieved excellent service from Ski Bartlett at last years southern ski show, I wish they'd improve their web site
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Agree! I built/run an ecommerce site (www.evanscycles.com) and mail order division, and although its still a work in progress, the two years I/my employers invested in it definately paid off! I ordered from Bartletts today and was thinking exactly the same. If only I was a freelancer wink

ScottyDog
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy