Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Strictly Fantasy Snowfall Factor 2012

Poster: A snowHead
With Christmas decorations bursting across the high streets, mild weather lurking menacingly round the corner with a baseball bat and the prospects of a glittering prize worth literally nothing in the offing it's high time for this years guess when we will get more than 15cm to 30cm at 1800m in the West or 1500m on the east?

And pretty much as last year...

It's going to be tricky to adjudicate so either take it light heartedly or take it outside.

I'll kick off with 24 November.

And just to to remind you here are last years's winners who grabbed the non existant money and ran with last years's 05 December guess...

nozawaonsen wrote:
Looks like the gob-smackingly non existent prize goes to Ricklovesthepowder and sparkzter, whose god like omniscience allowed them to pinpoint the snowfall to with 0.2mm of depth and to within a cm of the exact point the first 15cm deep snowflake fell.

Here's a picture of the two of them off to enjoy their holiday together...

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
November 22nd. 22cm. Freezing level 1622m.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I guess we won't.

The season will be snowless, cancelled. Golf bats and bicycles will be the order of the day and DM will be full of unbrearable schandefreude
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
December 1
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
December 4th
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
November 25th.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
November 30th
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm thinking another warm November, it feels very much like last year here. We do not even have any frozen ground at 1200m yet. Glaciers are OK but nowt below is even remotely cold yet.

I'm going for December 6th - it's Nikolastag here and it is nice if St Nikolas, Schwarze Peter and the Krampusmänner are out and about in the snow.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
November 28 (mum's b'day)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
10th December.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
November 29th, because I wanted 30th but halfhand beat me to it... so I will beat him to it! Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
MoodyFFS, Change your mind and I'll split the prize - I'm not greedy Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
halfhand, screw you... I am keeping my likely prize of literally nothing, no chance I am sharing that bad boy!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MoodyFFS, Well you won't be disappointed when you win sweet FA then Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
halfhand, hey no-one said I could win sweet FA!!!
snow conditions
It could be Nov.

It could be Dec.

A little early to tell.
snow conditions
Whitegold, you are such a douché... I am guessing you are hedging your bets in order to maximise your chances if winning "the big one"...
snow conditions
January 4th
ski holidays
November 22nd after my winter tyres are fitted
latest report
Whitegold wrote:
It could be Nov.

It could be Dec.

A little early to tell.

I lold.
snow report
December 3rd, because it is a monday
ski holidays
I'll have a punt at November 23rd, how sweet is the sweet fa ??? and will it keep till after the ski season?? Puzzled
latest report
It was such a brill season last year - it was our first year spending it in Chatel and we loved it - and as it seems like the later it starts the better it is I'm going for 6th Dec!

I'm your classic Snowheads and webcam stalker/lurker etc so look at all the relevant webcams and website there are to get my fix on a daily basis. Very excited Very Happy
snow report
November 29th
ski holidays
November 25th. On the basis that no one appears to have suggested it yet
snow conditions
Rogerpds, You'll have to share your prize with MoodyFFS, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Nov 22nd
ski holidays
Mr Piehole wrote:
November 22nd. 22cm. Freezing level 1622m.

Picking a 1600m resort at random shows...

http://montagne.lachainemeteo.com/meteo-alpes-du-nord/station-montagne/previsions-meteo-flaine-68-0.php

Nov 22nd.

Get in. Get in. Get in.

Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nomadicanna, kitenski and Mr Piehole, currently racing up the slippery, soapy, slope of serendipity towards 22 November which on current form looks like a not completely stupid guess. Still plenty of time for the tables to flip leaving them scrambling for some vague sense of self respect as the rest of the field roars past flicking v signs.
snow conditions
Surely if I've already picked it, kitenski and whatserface can't have it NehNeh NehNeh
ski holidays
Mr Piehole, you've put your money on a pretty specific amount at a pretty specific height above sea level. That's the way winners play it. All in. I'd assume the others would want to match that or walk.
snow report
Two little ducks.
latest report
Mr Piehole, kitenski, nomadicanna, I think you've peaked too soon. Chances of life changing wealth and fame are teetering on the edge of the rear view mirror... Only the grim, banality of the day to day grind stretching ahead now...
snow report
Bartezki, looking pretty good right now. Could yet go Barton Bank on the last mind you...
snow conditions
It's a battlefield of shattered dreams out there at present, but through the mists of late autumn rides Ricklovesthepowder and Mark1863 who may be a day early, but would be closest to the 26 November (which this evening looks like ground zero).

That would of course mark an absolutely extraordinary double by RLTP if it came true...
latest report
11 December.
latest report
wandering into this, index finger held aloft and i annouce......28th November Smile
ski holidays
I think a little later than that. I'm not expeting the snow to start falling in earnest till the 26/27th, so I'd give it a few days to accumulate of days.. so I'll say the 2nd December
snow report
skinutter, Have had a steward's on that and best I can offer you is 29 November as no guesses within seven days.
ski holidays
7 December with out a doubt!

snowHead

When do I pick up my winnings?

snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy