Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to get to nassfeld from munich/innsbruck??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the title suggests, just how do you get to nassfeld?

Now i have done some research and found that ryan air fly to klagenfurt from stanstead, which is abit of a nightmare considering we are from manchester! However i realised that you can a train from piccadily to stanstead with just one change!

So my question is, how accessible and is nassfeld from say munich or innsbruck? are there coaches that go direct, or direct trains? and how expensive would these be?

thanks in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sean_daly93, We flew to Ljubljana and hired a car from there and drove up. Stayed at Jenig. Didn't need a car as such, but it was useful. Flights to Ljubljana? Well we flew from Stansted which means driving to there. Not ideal, but we are up in Cumbria so even further than you. It worked for us
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Would have suggested either Klagenfurt, Salzburg or Ljubljana (Easyjet fly there for sure, at least they do in summer), and get train to Villach and change there, or get a rental car.
Munich is a bit of a trek, but not impossible (1-2 more changes by train compared to Salzburg)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.foxtransfer.eu/from-klagenfurt-airport-to-nassfeld.en.html

Several quotes on various websites around this figure. I could find Salzburg transfers, but none from Innsbruck or Munich.

Plenty of useful info here:

http://www.ultimate-ski.com/ski-resorts/austria/carinthia/nassfeld/getting-there.aspx
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Trains from Innsbruck run down to Villach which is about 40km away, but they take between 4 and 7 hours (1 or 2 changes). That is only €38 return.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sean_daly93 wrote:
As the title suggests, just how do you get to nassfeld?

Now i have done some research and found that ryan air fly to klagenfurt from stanstead, which is abit of a nightmare considering we are from manchester! However i realised that you can a train from piccadily to stanstead with just one change!

So my question is, how accessible and is nassfeld from say munich or innsbruck? are there coaches that go direct, or direct trains? and how expensive would these be?

thanks in advance!

Sean, there's a map designed with these queries in mind, the SkiRail Map of the Alps which shows you how to reach about 120 resorts by train.
More info here: http://rogerlascellesmaps.co.uk/SkiRail_Map_Main.aspx and a sample of the map here http://www.rogerlascellesmaps.co.uk/SkiRail_Product_Information.aspx?area=SkiRail_Product_Information
A quick look at my copy says that Nassfeld is a 1hr50 train ride from Klagenfurt (train station is a very short walk from the terminal building).
The map's 2 years old now so worth checking the train times but they won't have changed much. I find the Swiss Rail site an easy one to use http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html for journeys all across the Alps.
Neil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
musher, I think you will find that villach is a wee bit further than 40kms away from Innsbruck! Kufstein (in the same province is about 50! Laughing And after Tirol you have to get through the next province of Salzburgerland wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samerberg Sue,

40K from Villach
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Neil Neige,

I ordered my SBB transfer tickets Wednesday and they arrived this morning. That's efficiency for you Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy