Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soldeu. Any good? Best time to visit?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all,

I'm likely heading to Soldeu next year and have a choice between 13th Jan and 10th of March - does anyone have an idea of which may be better for snow?

Any other info. or suggestions re. soldeu would be much appreciated too.

Cheers,

H
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

I'm not super experienced (only 4 weeks of skiing in different resorts under my belt), but we went to Soldeu last year for last week in Jan, & really liked it there. Ski area is really quite extensive & we only skiied about a third of it, so one year will probably go back to do more. There wasn't much snow (not the real stuff anyway!) as it was very warm when we went, but I think this was just a blip & not "normal" for that time of year. I have read that maybe Feb - March may get better snow there though. There's tons of snow cannons all over the mountain & the piste bashers did a really good job over night, so we were never short of skiing. We did find one run shut off part way down though, which hadn't been sign posted at the top of the piste, leaving us having to struggle down a steep red, when we thought we could get all the way down on a blue :/
Our 2 kids (young teenage) loved the ski school, which seemed to be staffed by all British instructors, & had competitions at the end of the week.
The village isn't completely hopping with nightlife, but there's plenty of bars, some live music, & a really good atmosphere, so we were happy with that. Loved our hotel (stayed in the Sport Hotel), & was pretty much just opposite the entrance to the Gondola, although you down have to walk down to the station, & back up again at the end of the day.
The only thing that put us off going back again this coming season is the long transfer (we flew into Toulouse, but you can also go via Barcelona), but either way there's no getting out of the 4+ hr transfer Sad

Hope this helps Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
January can be a bit hit and miss regarding quality of snow and manmade vs fresh stuff, if going January I'd be tempted to book last minute and choose where to go based on weather at the time, however it is the cheapest time to go. March is more reliable generally but of course a busier and more expensive than January.
Skiing information above is a fair review.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The last two years have been disappointing and mid-January would have involved a lot of manmade stuff... but luckily Soldeu has a great deal of (good) manmade-stuff to go around. (We are expecting better natural conditions this year. It's already looking promising.)

But to be completely honest, I think I would choose early March. In the Pyrenees especially, early March is usually very reliable.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
howie, hated the place, would only go back on the promise of a completely free holiday, and free beer.....

10th March.

JMO.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Later in the season is usually better in Soldeu, They even had a dump in the middle of April last season!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I always like March better its normally great weather with good snow! The tour companies are flying to Lleida in Spain now which is making the transfer a lot less, just under 3 hours big difference! I would recommend it though its a great ski area. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy