Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Valloire/Valmeinier 2012/2013

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thought I'd kick off a thread for this season by mentioning that, according to an email that just landed in my inbox, a season pass for this wonderful underrated area is just EUR 225 if you buy it before 15th November.

http://www.valloire.net/fr/il4-hiver,actualite_i622-dernires-jours-pour-profiter-du-forfait-saison-a-tarif-exceptionnel.aspx
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"underrated" or "unknown"?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Let's not start all that again.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unknown. Thankfully - keeps it nice and quiet for those of us that like it!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So unknown that Crystal do package deals.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My Sis-in-law took her kids there years ago, about 1998 I think, so hardly unknown. IT was on a short list of 2 for us in 2001, Serre Chevalier won, as it has the better snow at the time. That's a bargain of a lift pass.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK, perhaps unpopular might be a better word. I think Peak Retreats do them too, though the last couple of times I've been the majority of the tour operators were Danish. Despite that, it's still nice and quiet and one does actually feel abroad - many of the popular areas like Trois Vallées feel more like snowy corners of the UK most of the time; with rip-off tactics to match.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bloody Brits!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I went to the area on a package with Snowcoach, years ago. It is indeed an excellent area, offering good value. Like many French ski areas, though you'd never believe it if you just read all the moaning here about the small handful of resorts frequented by most Brits.

My season pass for our area, a bit bigger than Valloire, but maybe similar in atmosphere, cost me £288.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Incidentally I think I meant to put this thread in Snow Reports, not in Resort Reviews.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Here's Mrs A in Valmeinier during half-term week this year. It was very pleasant indeed and nothing like as busy as the more famous places:

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mr Piehole, I'll move it for you.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thats good value for the area...went there with school too many years ago to admit now lol was nicely open, varied terrain, plenty of snow and sun and Valloire is a lovely village with great views. Whats not to like? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any updates on snow cover? Coming out 29 Dec !
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hey! I'm due to head out there in 2 weeks and I was wondering what the conditions are like at the minute? Im a bit worried after looking at the reports and the forecast. Smile Thanks!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy