Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet seat allocation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A topic that has been covered a few times!

I've got two flights coming up that are now in the window for me to check in online and print a boarding pass (first week in December). I didn't pay for a specific seat and don't intend to and will be travelling alone. I've just had a look at seat availability and there are loads on both legs. I'm sure that most of the capacity has been booked by now so conclude that most are not paying for allocated seats. Equally I'm sure that a few people have checked in on line and been allocated seats - I presume that is how it works.

Interestingly on both flights virtually the only £3 seats that are "taken" are in rows 7&8 and 18-20. I conclude that these are the ones that Easyjet have allocated to non-seat-reserving in-checkers. Certainly 18-20 are not the ones I would go for if investing £3 but 7-8 probably are (unless I knew the destination had rear stairs). Anyone got any experience of how they were allocated seats when checking in on line without a reserved seat? I'm wondering if I should leave the online check in as late as possible so that I get one of the seats "upfront" without paying for it.

I've also got seats booked for our lads trip in March which were pretty good value (£85 return) but not the cheapest released on those flights. On neither flight is a single seat reserved so it looks like those who get the really cheap seats don't then fill Easyjet's coffers by paying for seats.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do Easyjet allocate their seats at check in now? They didn't in March when I last flew with them. You only got allocated seats if you paid for them, otherwise the earlier you check in the earlier you board, and you sit wherever.

Isn't that part of the whole concept of EJ? That unallocated seats mean people board more quickly, they can turn around the aircraft more quickly and save costs?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's all changed since March. It used to be Speedy boarding (paid for but first on and a full range of seats to choose) and the rest who took whatever was left.

Now you can select a specific seat against payment of a fee but if you don't pay you are allocated one by Easyjet either when you check in online or at the desk.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

unallocated seats mean people board more quickly

They may board more quickly, but I bet it takes them longer to stow their luggage & get seated in the ensuing scrum.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No, everyone will be milling around asking people to swap seats. It's sod's law that all the people hoping for a (free) window seat will get an aisle and vice versa.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Full details here: http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5575

Obviously it doesn't tell you the order in which they will allocate seats to those who have not paid extra.

Given that one of the advantages they stated in the original days was that unallocated seating meant planes filled up more quickly as people sat in the first seat they came to it does seem to indicate that either they were wrong or that they are trying to raise additional money.

I think one of the downsides is that once you have an allocated seat there is little incentive to be at the front of the queue for boarding meaning there will be more calls for late boarding passengers who have made a last minute trip to the loo or are still buying sunglasses etc.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Easyjet are allocating seats in between folks who booked an aisle and a window Smile They are also not managing the boarding process, so if you have hand luggage only, and want locker space, be prompt in boarding. Travelled this week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowbunny wrote:
Easyjet are allocating seats in between folks who booked an aisle and a window Smile

How DARE they?!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have a refreshing beverage in the airport, get on last, ram your bag in on top of everyone else's, sit down and fall asleep - that's my tried and tested strategy. No extra charges incurred as yet
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Procreate, get on first, sit by the door, nobody wants to sit near you, get off first.

Worked for me for the last 3 years. When he's 5 we're definitely having another. Best easyJet boarding accessory ever.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mr Piehole, Don't want to spoil your anticipation of a chance to procreate again in two years time but it won't work anymore with the allocated seating policy!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Break an ankle, get airport assistance, no need for speedy boarding, they hold up the rest of the plane whilst they wait for you to hop up the stairs and first choice of seats. Worked for me although I wouldn't recommend it...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sitter, That's a bit extreme. Couldn't you just sprain it a bit but bandage it up well?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mr Piehole, tell them you might need to breastfeed and you'll probably get an personal exclusion zone thrown in too.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DJL wrote:
Sitter, That's a bit extreme. Couldn't you just sprain it a bit but bandage it up well?

Wish I had only sprained it, was my first night in resort for what was supposed to have been the whole season! Birthdays in the Alps, Jager, Beer and attempting to dance to 'Highway to Hell' don't mix...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy