Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort with worst self-perception?

Poster: A snowHead
Continuing the rolling worst of awards ....(suck on that Phil Keith)

What's the resort with the biggest gap between its marketing image and reality?

My vote Bansko, I've never been but puff pieces in the press describing it as the new Val D'Isere and a hilarious promo DVD I picked up at the ski show one year are enough to convince me.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, Alagna, Freeride Paradise

Yeah, right.

Only if you are prepared for a little self elevation.

A single face of itineraries off Punta Indren does not a Snowbird make.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I once remember St Johann in Tirol describing itself as "Powder Paradise".

Utah's "The Greatest Snow on Earth" always gets me. Sure, it can be epic but your timing has to be right.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
fatbob, Alagna, Freeride Paradise

Yeah, right.

Only if you are prepared for a little self elevation.

A single face of itineraries off Punta Indren does not a Snowbird make.

Think you're being a bit harsh about the terrain at Alagna, but it's hard to take the claim seriously when the slots for skis on the gondolas are too narrow even to fit Salomon 1080s!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
I once remember St Johann in Tirol describing itself as "Powder Paradise".

Utah's "The Greatest Snow on Earth" always gets me. Sure, it can be epic but your timing has to be right.

so can Yadd Moss
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Arno, The terrain is magnificent, but the snow isn't so often and lift served hp is limited. And often rocky.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno wrote:

Think you're being a bit harsh about the terrain at Alagna, but it's hard to take the claim seriously when the slots for skis on the gondolas are too narrow even to fit Salomon 1080s!

What an excellent idea, that will keep the riff-raff out. More resorts should do it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob wrote:
Continuing the rolling worst of awards ....(suck on that Phil Keith)

What's the resort with the biggest gap between its marketing image and reality?

My vote Bansko, I've never been but puff pieces in the press describing it as the new Val D'Isere and a hilarious promo DVD I picked up at the ski show one year are enough to convince me.

I know the DVD you are talking about - its quite good.

I'm sorry but I am a fan of Bansko - I had a great holiday there; don't know how it compares to Val d'Isere but, if what I hear about Val d' Isere is true, I would rather not go thank you very much!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name, yes, it certainly wouldn't be top of my list for powder destinations
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've no idea whether this is true or not despite several trips there.

Quote:
Tignes : une station très “gay friendly”

http://www.ledauphine.com/savoie/2012/11/08/une-station-tres-gay-friendly#jimage=31F74B7B-5516-48AE-9B49-98D904763350
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
^^^^ They're going to get a terrible chill on their kidneys. AND where are their helmets?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Anniepen wrote:
AND where are their helmets?

So many possible quips, so little time.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mr Piehole, indeed Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://ski.visitscotland.com/conditions/
Scotland. Europe's Adventure Capital. I think they're pushing it just a tad. Although not as bad as Prestick Airport's slogan 'Pure dead brilliant' Embarassed
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arno, but if you are prepared to skin up a little...
ski holidays
boabski, Pure dead brilliant is cringeworthy. Whoever came up with that needs put up against and wall and shot.

I'll never forget flying back to Prestwick from Turin after a ski holiday and me and my fluent italian speaking mate were behind a group of Italian school kids who thought they had landed in a 3rd world backwater. My mate heard them say that Prestwick was the worst place they had been in their lives and they wanted to go home straight away. Then they saw the slogan in huge letters inside the terminal and couldn't understand why they could be dead and that it was brilliant to be dead! Laughing

Poor kids.

jb1970, you're missing out if you don't try Val D'Isere at least once and you're deluded if you think that Bansko is a better ski holiday destination.
snow report
Quote:

Whoever came up with that needs put up against and wall and shot.

My borther in law knows the woman. Pure dead neddy, by the way
snow report
shoogly, I think Prestwick is a gem in comparison to Genoa in 1977 to which we were diverted due fog in Turin.
snow conditions
Espace Killy - The top of Toviere could be better described as "Absolutely Feckin Heaving Killy"
latest report
shoogly wrote:

jb1970, you're missing out if you don't try Val D'Isere at least once and you're deluded if you think that Bansko is a better ski holiday destination.

Hear hear!
ski holidays
Sofia Airport in Buglaria in the late 80's, had a luggage belt (not carousel) consisting of a row of about 20' of wooden rollers - when the luggage reached the end it just fell off! Imagine the scene on a busy arrival morning, and the ensuing pile of cases, skis, boot bags etc. Complete mayhem
ski holidays
Quote:
Utah's "The Greatest Snow on Earth" always gets me. Sure, it can be epic but your timing has to be right
Hmm....Tell me (and Mrs MA) about it! We once skied there for 10 days in January (Canyons, Park City, Deer Valley, Snowbird and Alta): Wall to wall sun, packed powder, every inch of the mountain tracked....not one single powder turn. Seeing every car bearing the 'Greatest Snow on Earth' state numberplates just made me want to ram them off the road Evil or Very Mad.

The same season we had 3 or 4 powder days in Scotland.....Europe's Adventure Capital indeed!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy