Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lens colours

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all,
Looking for recommendations for lens colours for night skiing and also flat light conditions. Been told clear lens work best for night stuff and that hi-yellow (Oakley) are good for flat light - anyone any opinions and also can 1 colour do both types of conditions ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
briand6868, I've got some Oakley hi- yellow for really flat light, great until you see some sun. They would probalby be ok for night stuff too, depending on what you are planning. I wouldnt want to use a clear lens for flat light.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As you say, clear is best for night and either a yellow or rose tint for low light... The higher the VLT % the more light they let through and the better you will be able to see in low light situations, simples! Now all you have concern yourself with is choosing the 'coolest' looking pair Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have Smith I/Os and have used the lighter lens (sensor mirror, I think) for night skiing and it's fine. Also can be used for day skiing as long as it's not full bluebird.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
briand6868, I use an Oakley clear lens for night (and early morning) skiing. I also have Persimmon and Black Iridium lenses, haven't tried Hi-Yellow.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rjs, Thanks for that one - you know why I'm asking of course Very Happy Very Happy

Bones, tomb, glp9, Thanks people - confirmed what I was thinking, always good to ask those who know what their about. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1 for yellow in poor vis, also used them for off piste night skiing and they worked fine especially as it was snowing at the time Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Vuarnet tri-band yellow for bad light, I night ski with a grey lens
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cynic,

I was going to ask about the grey ones - I saw some the other day in an Oakley outlet shop. The sales girl didn't seem to know what she was talking about so I didn't press her. What are they recommended for?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Useful link on goggles options

http://www.vision3k.com/beginners-guide-to-buying-goggles.asp
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Do you mean "night" skiing or "floodlit" skiing.

There's quite a difference, also quite a change depending on the phase of the moon.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy