Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Storm skis

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, just having a browse at skis on e bay. There seems to be alot of storm skis at what appears to be a really good price. Are these skis any good? Are they a genuine good buy or is there a reason there priced so low?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a search at the top of the page........Puzzled

one of the results

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1729796&highlight=storm#1729796
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got a pair of Rages and a pair of Cyclones and think they are great, plus Andy who owns Storm is a really friendly and helpful chap. The ebay ones tend just to be last years stock they are clearing out of the way to make room for the new stuff. Storm are still quite a small brand so guess they have to make more than sell each year from the economics of tooling up to produce a line till their market share grows
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yea I thought that would be the case with reference to the stock. Having read the above link it seems they get a big thumbs up. One slight gripe about some faulty skis but I'm sure there's not a ski manufacture out that hasn't add the odd faulty return from time to time.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
is there a Search tab?

All's I can see is "Profile" "Send/Read Messages", and "Log Out"

I can't see one...or I am a complete noob?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lilledonmarco, top left - but it's a Be Nice please! awful search facility.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scotts1978, If you've got any questions just drop Storm a message via their website, Andy happily replied to loads of daft questions from me when I was figuring which skis to buy. I went with the Cyclones first (mine are one of the final pre-production batch they made for testing) then found a cheap pair of the previous seasons rages this sort of time last year on ebay when my 8 year old convinced me to get some twintips so she could teach me the various trick she does on hers! Oh and Andy at Storm happily sorted me a pair of the Storm Vist bindings and fitted them for me (Storm are based in Ilkeston which is only about 15 miles from home)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
from what i know they are shutting down the operation so might eb clearing stock.... only what i was told, i don't know 100%
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM is right, there will be no Storm production this year. To the best of my knowledge the company is not winding up, simply ceasing to trade. If you buy through a retailer then they should be liable to honour any warranty even if Storm does wind up.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ahh, thats a pity, though guess it wasn't the best time in the economic cycle to be getting into a high discertionary spend business. Better check ebay to see if there anymore storm skis I 'need'!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davkt, Ah small small world I'm from Ilkeston! I might still take a punt on a pair at the price there going for.
If there a decent ski, yet not shifted enough gear to keep operating I'm guessing they was probably victim of being a English company. I can't imagine it's easy to be taken serious by the Austrians, french etc etc. In what appears to be a very competitive trade.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I saw a pair of Storms do 3 runs of slalom and 4 runs of dual slalom in the southern champs which I thought was a miracle.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 7-11-12 17:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cynic wrote:
I saw a pair do 3 runs of slalom and 4 runs of dual slalom in the southern champs which I thought was a miracle.

I saw a pair of Twisted Sista on Ebay go for just over £100 a couple of weeks ago. I thought that a miracle. Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cynic wrote:
I saw a pair of Storms do 3 runs of slalom and 4 runs of dual slalom in the southern champs which I thought was a miracle.

Not durable then? Or just not up to RD build?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have exchanged emails with Andy, he says they stopped production at the end of last season and are clearing the stock now.
latest report
I've had a pair of Storm infernos (off ebay) for 2-3 years now, did my BASI L1 on them, done 70+ hours shadowing and have lent them to a fairly hefty friend out in Stuben last season, and they are still in great nick!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy