Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hidden Gem...

Poster: A snowHead
...if you like Canada and it's awesome snow...but are not too keen on the travelling to and from the ski fields, then i can highly recommend this Ski resort.

It is a true Ski in, Ski out resort and the third largest in Canada.

I spent the whole of last season out their, and had one of the best seasons ever.

I counted only a handful of Brits their. Mainly Aussies, Canadians, Yanks and Germans...it doesn't get promoted that well in the UK.

Not sure why...but it is a fantastic resort.

Just thought i'd share... Little Angel

http://youtube.com/v/HQubK_4_NsU
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Now that's how to make a promo video.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
makes me want to go there....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Glad you approve...it actually doesn't do the resort justice. And the slopes are empty...I mean empty...for some reason the locals prefer it that way. The longest i waited in a quque all season was 3 mins...i timed it.

We used to laugh when giving Ski Lessons...reminding students to look up the hill before setting off was almost not worth saying.

Some great back country too.

I'm in that promo...clicking my boots into bindings...didn't even know i was being filmed... Shocked I want royalties Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice video. It's been on the list of places to visit for some time, along with Big White and so on - an Okanagan Valley road trip, kind of thing. Problem is from the UK, it means an internal flight from Vancouver to Kelowna
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went there a couple of times quite a few years back, combined with a week in Big White. Personally I thought it was ok if you like faux Austrian resorts wink didn't go back country but the pistes were nothing spectacular. The SCGB had reps there, don't know if they still do. Out of the two resorts preferred Big White. Kamloops is the airport for Sun Peaks, Kelowna the airport for BW. There was talk that the runway at kelowna would be extended to accommodate transatlantic flighs but I don't know if they do yet.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great video, I've wanted to visit for a while, firmly on the to do list, as is a huge pile of nachos after watching that....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cathy, How long ago was it when you visited? I am to understand it has transformed remarkably over the years.

And yes it is trying to look like an Austrian resort...but it does work when you're their, and does have the feel of one. However...the pistes are outstanding imho. Great condition and variaty.

The Austrians now use Sun Peaks in November as their main race camp. They have paid for their own piste and lift for training on, which is open to the public the rest of the season. The local race clubs also use it for training on... a great facility.

I usually fly... Calgary, then Kamloops.

lilywhite, Laughing The Nacho plate in 'Bottoms' (worst bar name known to man Laughing ) are phenominal.

SCGB do have a rep their...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How much fresh snow does it get????
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski, It gets good freshies.

When we were there at the cafe at teh top we sat next to Nancy Greene for lunch. A bit of an icon here and both the kids were in Nancy Greene ski programmes. Then saw her ski.

Its a nice place
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you want faux Austrian, you ought to visit Leavenworth in Washington state, just across (sort of) the border although it's actually Bavaria they have modelled the town on.

http://www.leavenworth.org/modules/pages/index.php?pageid=1

Been there quite a few times now as we occasionally go to Mazama which is at the end of the North Cascades highway (in winter anyway as they shut it for avy reasons). We actually stayed there many years ago in the summer and it was like a Bavarian version of Disneyland.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spud, trying to work out when we were there - it wasn't that long ago. Perhaps 2005 and 2006, or could be 2006 and 2007. I seem to remember they had just opened the chair lift and piste for the Canadian ski team in advance of the Vancouver Olympics. It was fine, we enjoyed it enough to go back the next year, but I wouldn't say it was a fantastic resort - perhaps it was different for you being out there the whole season and being part of the season crowd.

Yes, we've flown via Calgary and via Vancouver - I think we also flew via Jasper once.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I liked 1.09 best.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

The Nacho plate in 'Bottoms' (worst bar name known to man) are phenominal.

Mrs M had a nacho starter in Banff. She loves her nachos, but when she had eaten all she could she passed the plate to me. I couldn't finish it, or my main meal afterwards!

I think they must use American portion sizes. At least Canada is one place I never have any trouble finding clothes big enough to fit me
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nearly went there but we flipped a coin at a gas station while getting washer fluid & went to Silver Star instead, which is also fun. Within BC seems to have a rep as more "family" than "core".
snow report
fatbob, yes, I'd agree with that, certainly in terms of the pistes.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy