Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK ski industry ecommerce - pls give 5 mins and your thoughts

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

As part of a diploma I'm doing on digital marketing I have a quick 5 min survey on the state of e-commerce in the UK Ski Industry. I know people post surveys here all the time of varying quality, I've tried to keep this short and focused to avoid the usual issues - hopefully you'll agree I managed that.

Please take 5 mins to quickly give me your thoughts on this survey here

Thanks and wishing you all waist deep powder all season long!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I do hope the last page sentiments come true. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good luck, answered, it would be nice to hear about the results of a survey for a change.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
geepee wrote:
I do hope the last page sentiments come true. Very Happy

I don't, well, not on the M6 going to work anyways!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys - will happily share the results once there is some sufficient data to work with. Watch this space - pretty graphs to arrive soon.

Fair enough re: M6 - we'll keep the snow sentiment to the mountains, but that is where you'll be in waist deep powder wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
scottishmole wrote:
Thanks guys - will happily share the results once there is some sufficient data to work with. Watch this space - pretty graphs to arrive soon.

Fair enough re: M6 - we'll keep the snow sentiment to the mountains, but that is where you'll be in waist deep powder wink

If I am waist deep then some of my "vertically challeneged" fiends may well be cursing you!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Big jump between Intermediate and Advanced in that... Intermediate was "blues, and reds when conditions good" and Advanced was "not challenged by pistes". I feel like there should really be something in between that?

But otherwise, easy to fill out and pretty intuitive.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Done, but why no snowboard option...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Richard_Sideways wrote:

That threw me also - kind of makes me input a bit null and void
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Specialman wrote:
Richard_Sideways wrote:

That threw me also - kind of makes me input a bit null and void

boarders are irellevant, we all know this.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

No bigotry here I promise Happy , simply wanted to focus on skiing in particular in this report and focus on one specific consumer segment

Quote:

Big jump between Intermediate and Advanced in that... Intermediate was "blues, and reds when conditions good" and Advanced was "not challenged by pistes". I feel like there should really be something in between that?

Fair point, thanks for the feedback. Thanks also for taking the time to complete the survey.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Done!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Done, hope it helps snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd settle for knee deep
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was a bit thrown by the question "how many skis do you have" with odd numbers being suggested inputs. Did it mean pairs of skis? I just interpreted it literally.
ski holidays
...then I withdraw my entry and shall retreat to the sidelines where I shall snipe at Standee for a while...

So Standee, does it sting at all that pretty much every development in skiing over the past 10 years or so has been influenced by prior developments in snowboarding? Or do you put that discomfort down to your overly tight ski pants? Toofy Grin
latest report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
...then I withdraw my entry and shall retreat to the sidelines where I shall snipe at Standee for a while...

So Standee, does it sting at all that pretty much every development in skiing over the past 10 years or so has been influenced by prior developments in snowboarding? Or do you put that discomfort down to your overly tight ski pants? Toofy Grin

Nope, no sting here, the fact I can sit on the slopes out of the way of everyone else and wash more than once a week makes me quite content thanks, I wouldn't board if you paid me, may as well drive a snow shovel down and scrape all the snow off for everyone else.

(I am joking, boarders are, by and large, no better or worse than skiers, but I do find the newer boarders to be totally rude and sit in completely THE most inconvenient places)
ski holidays
Done. Well written survey.
snow report
I hope I have not put your survey out. I filled it it, but for me "purchasing stuff online" is looking at the Buy, Sell, Exchange forum here. I am not sure that is what you meant. I said something along those lines in one of the coments.
snow report
Better survey than most although quite easy to hit 4+ skis in a quiver with an old pair and a new pair wink
snow conditions
I don't quite fit you categories! Blues and reds are me for sure but love it icy having learnt at Tamworth!
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:

Out of interest, what? Biggest development was rocker, and that was all McConkey/waterskiing.
snow conditions
clarky999 wrote:
Richard_Sideways wrote:

Out of interest, what? Biggest development was rocker, and that was all McConkey/waterskiing.

Don't worry, we all know what self-important idiots the tray riders are!
snow report
Possibly a little harsh...
snow report
I have completed. I note you focused on kit. It would be interesting to see what people think about purchasing their actual holiday, ski school etc. There are some horrendous and user unfriendly sites out there. It always amazes me that any retailers do not spend more time giving punters a better on-line experience. An unprofessional looking and l difficult to use site makes a company look like a mickey mouse outfit IMHO.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy