Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Super G ski type

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to get some Super G skis to race in the Inferno. I've used the Atomic SG 210cms before and they're great

Do people recommend the women's or men's skis? Smaller turning radius is an advantage on the women's I guess.

Thoughts appreciated!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chazman, Not more economically sensible just to rent a pair from Eddy?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also, no idea of your build or ability, but I'm taking myself down to 180 GS this year
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not if you do it every year! I actually tend to go to Pete at Staeger Sport.

I'd probably use them on and off at other times in the season too as they're pretty fun piste skis.

I think it makes a big difference having the longer skis on the flats, but note opinion is totally divided!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chazman, There's a uk website for 2nd hand kit I'll try and ping you tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm 170cm and I've raced Inferno from 215cm to 160cm and the biggest differentiator in personal performance has been fitness. Can't claim any outstanding results anyway.

I don't think long skis help that much on the traverses, maybe post-hogsback but my internal jury is out.

I definitely feel happier when I need to bang in a turn on shorter, albeit not short, skis.

I was well trounced last year by a female chum (albeit much more race pedigreed than I) who used a pair of 165 SLs....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chazman, Try www.skizog.com - Plenty of 2nd hand race skis on there from Downhill to Slalom. I'm sure you'll find something suitable.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Plugboy, That's the one!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Or rent my Super G skis £5 a day compared with 160Sf in resort PM me

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 6-11-12 18:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Check the buy/sell section on here atm!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
chazman, I presume you've skied it before? Where are you staying?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Agree, it's more fitness than anything else

Under a new name - In the Eiger. You?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
chazman, Eiger Guesthouse (as we are) or Hotel (flash).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hotel Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chazman, Flash.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy