Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Destination Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm organising a trip for myself and some mates in early March. We're a mix of beginner and intermediate skiers and boarders. Some of the group are keen on going somewhere lively - we went to La Rosiere last year and they were very disappointed with this aspect of the tip.

I've found a really nice Chalet in Morzine and from what I've seen it looks good. My main concern is will it be lively enough to satisfy the party hungry element of our group? I know it's impossible to predict the weather that far in advance but being a relatively low resort, should I be concerned about the snow cover in Morzine during March?

As always, much appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Doh! Just seen the thread below. Feel free to ignore this and apologies for my laziness Embarassed
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
justatheory, do you know exactly where the chalet is as "Morzine" is now a rather strung out set of locations so you could easily find yourself somewhat chalet-bound...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name, the chalet website says it's a 10 minute walk from the centre of Morzine.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
justatheory, see if you can get a map reference so you can see exact.y where it is.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll be fine- Morzine is awesome.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
justatheory, Hmmm, 10 minutes? Their 10 or your 10?

I don't want to be a wet blanket but that sounds suspiciously like their 10 minutes is a forced march and your 10 minutes is likely to be 20.

Get the address, look it up and decide whether that's reasonable.

Also worth bearing in mind that if you are in the "wrong" side of the passarelle bridge, i.e. Montriond side, you are most of your 10 minutes in before you find any hostelries, and a few minutes beyond 10 before you find many.

Nadenoodlee, Morzine is indeed very awesome, but it's not so awesome if you can never be bothered with the walk in to town...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I stayed outside of the main part of town last year , about 15 mins walk, although it was much longer if i stopped off at The Sherpa for a swift half or two Very Happy

Just be aware that buses out of town stop early if you intend on staying in town .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1 for Sherpa Bar and Star Wars themed toilets...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
charlie.wilkinson, Still Star Wars themed? Jees, the wallpaper must be getting tired, that's 24 years at least!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy