Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ISCHGL - December 9

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys.

Unfortunately I split up with my girlfriend recently. We had a week booked in Ischgl for December 9 and I would still like to go if possible, plus I face a charge if I don't. I am just seeing if anyone is interested in maybe going with me if that's not too weird? It's a double room, think 2 beds (hopefully).. is this the sort of thing that this forum was meant for? would be interested to gauge interest...

Flight to Innsbruck is currently cheap, about £66 return! (before bags) that's if you get the early flight back from Innsbruck on the 16th. I'll be going back on the later flight. 

It's 350 euros for the room. It includes breakfast. The hotel looks nice, here it is:

http://www.mirabell-ischgl.at/

I got a really good deal on the room for booking 10 months in advance. I think the room would be about 500 euros each by now. 

Plus ski pass is low season so 191 euros for 6 days or 161 for 5 days.

Let's add it up

Room: 280

Ski pass: 152

Flight: 85

Transfer: ???

Hire: 80?

Food/drink: (gonna have to budget hard) 150

Overall: £780-900 or so.

With the favourable currency conversion, early booking rate and good flight price this seems a good deal.

As for me, I am 28 years old, sociable but considerate, experienced skier having done two full seasons and 10 other ski holidays. I am up for going out and meeting other people but not every night or anything. Preferably someone 23-40 ish would be ideal. Overall I am very chilled and easy to get along with and obviously love skiing.

If you are interested please post.
Many thanks
ben
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skiben, why are you asking £280 for the room when you only paid €350 for it?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry I haven't done this before and I went on a currency exchange website and 350 euros makes 280 pounds?

Is it customary to deduct a certain % for things like this? Sorry for my ignorance.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skiben wrote:
It's a double room, think 2 beds (hopefully).. is this the sort of thing that this forum was meant for?

Well, yes I think so wink

You've got a month though Ben - surely enough time to get a replacement for your late girlfriend? Especially if you dangle the carrot of a ski holiday in front of their noses - works for me anyways!

Good luck Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skiben, The exchange rate is fine, it's just you said the room was €350. If that's the price per room then surely you will split the cost, or is that the price per room, per person?

OK, I've looked it up, the price is €51 per person per night. Just your wording made me wonder. You can get "Wochenpauschale 7 ÜN/6 Tagesskipass" for €475 (£390) each. I assume you didn't get that offer when you booked.....

Looking at the pictures, the beds will be an Austrian twin - 2 single mattresses in 1 bed frame, each with it's own bedding; you can top and tail if you end up with a random bloke wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry for the confusion.

The room is 700 euros, so I am paying 350 euros. That's what I meant, 350 per person.

I assume the thing you quoted is the price with pass included, I didn't get that offer no Sad I am willing to negotiate a discount if that is the done thing Smile

I have asked around friends and work but although a lot of my ski friends are interested their lack of remaining holiday is a problem for many.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skiben, I don't think you will get many offers unless you offer some incentive.

Just think it through, why would someone want to pay full price?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah essentially that is a really expensive holiday so early. Unless you get someone who was looking for a ski buddy that specific week I can't see the attraction.

You only stand to loose £350 by going on your own don't you, and I suppose the loss of a ski buddy.

I'd be offering a pretty major discount on the half of the bed you're offering in the hope of getting someone to come and ski with me.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy