Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Servicing - Swindon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
New to the forum, so please excuse first post being a question, but does anyone know of anywhere in the Swindon area for getting skis serviced. Sadly West Sports has closed down.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Posidrive, Welcome to Snowheads. :sH Like you I guess, I used to use Westsports and it is indeed a shame that they are no longer around. To my knowledge, there's no-one else locally, and I tend to get mine serviced whilst i'm away.

If you do find anywhere, please do let me know.

Cheers,
Timberwolf
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
To give you an idea. Travelling South I think the nearest might be Dorchester, otherwise the South Coast has/had a couple : Snowtrax near Bournemouth and another firm, whose name escapes me, had branches in Bournemouth and Southampton.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If I was in Swindon, i would drive to Lockwoods

http://www.lockwoods.com/about-us/info_5.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My skis are done by a lad near South Cerney who is into freestyle etc and has all the kit to do his own skis.
Can give you contact detail if you pm me.

If you have to drive to Lockwoods .... its hardly worth it.

Alternatives in Bristol S&R and EB
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies. While trawling the net I found www.swindonski.co.uk. Looks like a new services starting soon. I got a quick reply to an eMail that I sent, that they would be up and running in a few weeks.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How incredible a new ski servicing centre opening in Swindon!
It's almost like an advert for them.
They also sound crap, from their advert (oops sorry website) they sound like they're
Just going to chuck 'em through a Wintersteiger machine to edge them.
Surely you'd be better off getting them hand tuned by PJB's recommendation and thus prolonging the life of your edges?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mmmm smells like spam to me

and they have bought a wintersteiger belt sander wwwoooooo....last of the big spenders..... if you want good tools then buy a stone grinder and make it a montana one! oh yeah and finish everything by hand
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hmm, sounds like I'm getting flamed by the last 2 posters for just mentioning what I found on the net, so I'll think twice before trying to be helpful again. I've spent days searching for a ski service place in the Swindon area (whch now seems to be a bit of a wasteland for getting decent ski kit) without much luck and found the above link purely by chance yesterday after posting here. I HAVE NO CONNECTION TO THEM AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Posidrive, you have to understand why people think this way, new poster asks question about subject and 2 posts later "finds" a link to exactly what they are looking for

for what it is worth i would probably take the earlier recommendation, i certainly wouldn't trust an unheard of company with my skis especially one who makes no mention of procedures other than to say your skis will be "sanded flat"....looks liek a great way to reduce the life of your skis
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anyone have any experience of Outdoor Traders in Abingdon? Looks like I have worked about a mile from them for the last 3 years without knowing about them. Based upon comments by some of the guys that I work with that are up there with the best when it comes to all aspects of sports footwear/boot fitting but the ski servicing is perhaps an unknown quantity although they claim to both belt and stone grind. They also claim to offer hand finshing for the edges but price on request Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Posidrive, go see James, he will do a better tune than about 99% of shops out there
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CEM wrote:
Posidrive, go see James, he will do a better tune than about 99% of shops out there

Is James the guys recommended by PJB?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy