Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mountain Restaurants in St Gervais & Les C

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading off to St Gervais for the first time in early Feb and would appreciate any recommendations for mountain restaurants the area?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well we spent 5 months there and while in itself that necessitated more sandwiches and soup in a rucksack than fine dining we did get to sample a good number of the eateries. To be honest they are all pretty good but my particular favourites would include:

La raviere - Tucked away in the trees off La Raviere blue - a real experience which you MUST book and take cash
Chez Ernestine - On Clementine on the way to St Nicolas - no chips but great homecooked food.
Espace Mont Joux restaurant at the top of the Mont Joux chair - fabulous views, good staple mountain fayre, great onion soup.
Le Boitet on the red Le Bettex piste just above Le Bettex - small and smoky (in a good way!) unusual dishes of the day

There are a couple of nice places over on the Combloux side, but for the moment the names escape me.

Both Freddy and the Presteau bar are good for paninis and the like

Freddy and the Chalet Princesse - where the Princesse runs Princess, Milloz and Papricot (sp) all meet both have picnic spaces and there is also one at the schuss in St Nicolas and one at the bottom of the Caboche in Megeve.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also worth trying in St Gervais / Megève:

- the restaurant at the Princesse mid station (I think it might be called La Princesse) for table service that's not too extortionate

- Le Rosay (at the bottom of the lift/piste of the same name on Mont Joux) for self-service with a nice atmosphere, good food and coffee.

Avoid the large self-service on Mt d'Arbois where the Arbois and Princesse bubbles converge: the food's pretty rubbish and the prices extortionate. It does have a fantastic view of Mt Blanc though!

There's a huge range of other options.

At Les Contamines, La Ferme de la Ruelle at the far end of the resort (i.e. the Hauteluce side), at the bottom of the Col and Ruelle chairs is quite nice. The restaurant at the top of the Signal bubble is to be avoided.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My favourite in Les Contamines is this one. The Roselette, half way down the draglift of the same name (with traffic lights at the bottom - green to let go of the bar and slide down and grab the button). This was 19 April 2008, the end of the season, and as you can see, the snow was rubbish. wink Very cosy little place to sit inside on a cold and windy day.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, yep, that place is pretty good.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
laundryman wrote:

Avoid the large self-service on Mt d'Arbois where the Arbois and Princesse bubbles converge: the food's pretty rubbish and the prices extortionate. It does have a fantastic view of Mt Blanc though!

Agree totally! We had quite possibly the worst mountain food ever served there, and paid a small fortune for the privilege. However, the view from the terrace, especially on a Blue Sky day is one of the best I've ever seen in the Alps Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
if you ski right down to st nicolas veroce there's a nice restaurant under the 2 man (i think?) chair lift that uplifts you back to the ski area. its a really nice leasurely ski down, far from the crowds, although it takes probably about 2hrs to get there from the base station in st. gervais Smile (mainly as you'll get lost on the way down at least once!)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy