Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend me somewhere in Lincolnshire/Derbyshire/Notts/Leeds area that fit kids ski boots.?Our daughter is almost 10 and ready to move on to a more decent boot with more than 2 clips. We've always used Ellis Brigham when the children were smaller but they invariably don't have much in the way of kids boots. She's in a size 3 shoe but I think a ladies boot will be too long on her leg if that makes sense.
We're taking her on her first Canadian ski trip in Feb after 7 years of France Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skiwear4less at Tamworth are OK, as are Ellis Brigham at Tamworth if they've got some the right size. If you know what you are doing Decathlon in Nottingham usually have a decent selection of boots but aren't that hot on fitting.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bagginsmum, not in the areas you mentioned unfortunately but if you can travel then two places I have used and would really recommend for proper fitting of kids boots and carrying a decent enough range are Ski Bartlett, Hillingdon and Ventura Ski, St Helens.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, if I can't find anything closer, I may have to make a trek, it's just a long wa if they don't have what we need Confused Confused
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bagginsmum, have tried speaking to EB about getting the size you want? A few years ago, Mrs Kersh bought boots from them at the end of the season - they didn't have the size in so just got it from another store. It meant another trip but worth it for good fitting boots. Maybe one of their other stores stocks more kids boots, worth a call IMO.

Cheers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I might have a trip across to EB at Castleford and see if they have anything, skis need a service anyway so won't be a wasted trip. They only had a single style the last year of Head J2's, would be nice to have a few for her to try
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bagginsmum, do you ski a lot during the year? It's a bit expensive to buy a pair of boots just for one holiday, but I think Snow and Rock do an exchange scheme.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've always bought the kids boots, my daughter's invariably get passed on to her younger brother or sold on. We do ski quite a bit here too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
bagginsmum, do you ski a lot during the year? It's a bit expensive to buy a pair of boots just for one holiday, but I think Snow and Rock do an exchange scheme.

Pam, they do but it's worthless really - just a token discount on the next year's kit, you do far better ebaying outgrown kids' stuff.

bagginsmum always ring first to check and good luck Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have toyed with the idea of buying boots for my little one. We ski twice a year and at £35 a week rental it seems to be better to buy. Off season you can pick up a nice pair for around £50.
Decathlon have nothing in Notts in kids sizes, i have looked so don't waste your time.

Why don't you just buy som ein resort? You are sure to find a better range and quite possibly have much better fitters too.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bagginsmum, all depends on your budget really and transport / luggage issues.

I now have about 5 pairs of kids ski boots (including one pair of telemark) for our 3 kids- all of them from ebay and most of them bought for less than £20. Various sorts- rear entry tiny ones, some 3 and 2 pairs 4 buckle.

I suppose you have to have an idea about the stiffness of boot you want and take it from there. I'm guessing she isn't racing - else she would already have her own more than 2 buckle boots- so what you are looking for shouldn't be too hard to find new or secondhand. (I think your looking for a 3 or 4 buckle boot a salamon T3 or T4 equivalent- all th eboot makers do this sort of thing).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I would get them in UK before you get here. Unless maybe you are going to banff or stopping a night in calgary. Otherwise the in resort selection can be tiny and they too may have run out of sizes by Feb. Probably cheaper in UK.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PS Whistler may or may not have a good selection. I have no idea.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Off to Banff, they have loads of shops there. She's not racing, just wishes she could! We've had a few from eBay in the past, has been a good way to save cash.

It's really needing to find a shop with a good selection to try. The EB at Castleford always seems to have a poor choice if any
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
bagginsmum,

Banff should have a selection; but they are still not fab at kids skiboots and some shops, ie monod have a race slant in their junior section and the boots may well be too stiff.

I would still try and get them in UK...............they sound cheaper and if she has her own skis you can get the bindings reset if necessary; shops here may not turn it round quick enough as you would need to get boots and get them fitted on first night. Even then it can take time. Son got new race boots and they needed a little punching and it took a week.
ski holidays
How about Lockwoods at Leamington Spa
http://www.lockwoods.com/children-young-adults/junior-ski-boots/cat_223.html
They have a good range of boots and are very hepful if you phone or email them.
ski holidays
Corduroy wrote:
I have toyed with the idea of buying boots for my little one. We ski twice a year and at £35 a week rental it seems to be better to buy. Off season you can pick up a nice pair for around £50.
Decathlon have nothing in Notts in kids sizes, i have looked so don't waste your time.

Why don't you just buy som ein resort? You are sure to find a better range and quite possibly have much better fitters too.

I post this every time there is a thread like this.

My girls have used these boots very successfully -

http://www.roces-snow.com/en/home.asp

Adjustable, work well. Obviously not for junior racers but my girls are very competent recreational skiers and they have had no problems.
ski holidays
Leamington is good for us as we're over there at New Year.

Will have a look at those roces boots too. Daughter is not a racer but very competent so open to all suggestions!

Thanks guys, this board is great! Very Happy
latest report
Lockwoods do run a kids boot exchange program. But don't expect them to have many choices beyond very basic boots. As our closest ski shop (by far) we use them when we can, but if they can't provide what oski needs, we look elsewhere.
ski holidays
We got ski boots for my niece from severn sport in Leeds a few years ago.
snow conditions
you could also try Graham at Rivington alpine if you want a good boot fitter...

http://www.rivingtonalpine.co.uk/

or ask for Julian if he is still working at EB in Leeds.....
ski holidays
Suggest you try Glide n Slide in Otley they do a children's ski equipment buy back scheme
snow conditions
strolz wrote:
Suggest you try Glide n Slide in Otley they do a children's ski equipment buy back scheme

strolz you can't just pimp your own business without declaring the self interest rolling eyes
snow report
I heard a lot of parents mention Glide and Slide when the kids were skiing with the Lions at Castleford. Not too far from us either.
snow report
Bagginsmum - EB at castleford had some Salomon T3 girlies in stock this week plus some other that I cant recal the make of.
I got a pair of J2's for my 7 year old fitted in store.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy