Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Fitness Sessions? (Bournemouth)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, so have lost about a stone and a half trying to get skinny for my wedding in january - check! I've had a couple of months of slacking since then and kept the weight off but now the clock is ticking to get fitter for our honeymoon as I really want to make the most of it by NOT being fat and unfit following christmas/wedding etc.

I'm looking for some sort of ski specific fitness sessions within regions of dorset/hamshire (i travel all over the place hence why the large area!) I know my previous gym ran an 8 week ski fit training programme which I wanted to do this year, however found that it's been replaced with a generic boot camp instead.

I know I could just do my own thing, go to the gym/go swimming/do lots of squats/toning etc biut I'm not good with self motivation and work much better with someone else shouting at me instead. Is anybody aware of anything like this more aimed at wonter sports? That failing I'm probabaly just going to do the boot camp but thought I'd see if anything around bournemouthor surrounding areas specifically first.

Ta!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I take it you are not a hockey person? I find that very good fitness training for skiing. Bournemouth have a very good set of team (talking as a member of there opposition Happy)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's funny you say that as my OH is a roller goalie in the area and it was the first thing he said to me about doing, particularly the off ice training workouts too. I do know how good it is though if I was going to skate it'd prob be down at the beach or something rather than on rink!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
FiFi_Trixibell, http://www.dmphysiofitness.co.uk/personal-programmes/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I meant field hockey LOL but same principals in both you are using your quads a lot
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks rosemary, id this something youve done or are involved with or just general rexommendation? do you know how much the pricing is for these types if session as I can't seem to find anything in the pricing that relates to these. Ta!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FiFi_Trixibell, No some-thing I have never done or connected to. I asked my Son who is a tennis coach and uses fitness trainers and he suggested that one. Have no idea of price.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FiFi_Trixibell, you could also check out faceplantress, who's a personal trainer in Bournemouth and went on the Pre-Season Bash last year. She was running a ski fitness course last winter, see http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=85839 . There's a link to her facebook page at the bottom of her post.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sloop, thanks for this, am following up! Also thanks rosemary!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy