Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice On Snowboarding Lessons!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have never been snowboarding but really want to get into it.

Anyone have suggestions as to how I can do this? Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depending where you live, a good starting point would be one of the indoor snow slopes where you can hire everything from clothing and gloves to board and boots as well as get instruction. It's not the same as enjoying some blue skies and sunny days on an alpine slope, but it should give you a taster of what it's like and get you started without costing the earth.

And don't worry about falling, we've all been there, done that and it's part of the process.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I live in Coventry but my student accommodation is in Luton.

I expecting to fall, I'm not expecting to be good when I get out there as balance isn't my strongest skill NehNeh
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Luton is only about 20 mins from the Hemel SnowCenter and half an hour to the SnoZone in Milton Keynes, so you're almost spoilt for choice.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Coventry isn't too far from Tamworth, learn there (as me and the kids have done, a great bunch of instructors!) and you will never fear an icy slope!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Coventry is 40 minutes away from Tamworth snowdome too, out of the 3 which would you recommend?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't know tamworth.

MK and Hemel are similar in size.

I find the snow better at Hemel.

MK has more around it with regards to shops and whatnot as it's right in the center of town.
MK is also open later, although I'm not sure if the opening hours at Hemel change through the winter.

Considering where you are, I'd be tempted my Hemel more than MK. For me, Hemel is closer to an hour drive rather than 35 minutes to MK, and it's not so much better that it's worth the extra 20 minutes. Make of that what you will.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Will probably just go for a slope session at them all and see which is better after I've been to all 3, that seems the easiest way of finding out which I prefer.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It might be worth browsing this thread, if you haven't already. It should at least explain some of the basic principles.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=23999

Tamworth I've been to once and it's cheap and cheerful. The posters on this thread know it better and may be able to advise or provide company http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=78829
I agree with feef about MK and HH. Again, locals and enthusiastic travellers here (most people can do either, HH tends to be the preference) http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=77473

Good luck!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tamworth is the oldest of the UK slopes and isn't as flashy as the others, but on the plus side the instructors are great (based on me and 3 kids learning to ski there and one of the kids learning to snowboard as well). As I said the slope will certainly teach you deal with ice, and based on what I've seen if you learn there you'll have a far easier time learning to cope with soft snow than people who've learnt on better snow have learning to cope with hardpack and ice! Ask most low hours skiers what they think of the blue outside the hotel used on the EoSB and you'll get an answer along the lines of 'the ice wall blue of death' me on my second week in the mountains thought it looked perfect, just like fresh groomed Tamworth and I had great fun skiing it!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I did some snowboarding lessons at Hillingdon as some guys I worked with wanted to try it and I thought "what the hell". It was quite a fun experience although I have never felt the desire to waste any snow time on it.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Will probably just go for a slope session at them all and see which is better after I've been to all 3, that seems the easiest way of finding out which I prefer.

I really wouldn't bother. Pick one (the closest and/or cheapest) and book a set of lessons there. Go for the 2 x half day sessions, a lot of people find the 'learn to snowboard in a day' too tiring and painful and the spread out set of 6 or whatever aren't as efficient.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Padded shorts!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy