Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamrousse with Crystal- where's the catch ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening All, Just priced this up for 2 adults and 3 kids 15,13,11 for a week from Dublin. Coming in at e2166 including ski carriage for 5 and 5 lift passes. Is there a catch ie. sky high prices in the resort/complex (Apt Chamrousse) for food and drink or any other drawbacks about the place.
Thanks,
briand.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Big question is when?

It's not exactly the biggest resort on the planet, but it depends on your needs.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Is there a catch ie. sky high prices in the resort/complex (Apt Chamrousse) for food and drink or any other drawbacks about the place.

No. But there are very cheap accomm and lift pass deals in resorts like that at quiet times. The apartment will probably be very small, but sounds a fine deal. There are some reports on Snowheads about Chamrousse - all good IIRC.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is it self-catering?

See if you can do it cheaper DIY with roll-your-own flights, transfers or car hire, and lodgings via snowtrex... they do mega cheap Chamrousse accommodation with lift pass included.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If it's an apartment for 5, then you'll likely find it cramped. Consider getting a larger apt and paying the supplement. It might not be quite so cheap then
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No catches for us a couple of years ago.
Took the kids for a week, 4 of us in an apartment that was way better and bigger than the French norm.
Pretty much ski in- ski out, good lift system, good ski anywhere terrain.
Only down sides are that its very quiet in the evenings and the bars pretty pricey but the little supermarket was relatively cheap as most people are weekenders or driving up so can stock up before they arrive in resort - helps keep prices down I guess.
Would definitely go again but so many resorts so little time!!!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1 andy'n'netty

I too went a couple of years ago with Crystal in a self catering apartment. The holiday was fine, it is a nice resort, with the all the advantages mentioned and I would go back there. However it is small, it will only take a couple of days to ski all the pistes, it is also not the highest so snow at resort level in March was slushy. There are a couple of older threads called something like 'the smaller French resorts' in the snow condition / weather forum which have a fair bit on Chamrousse and may be of interest?

Best wishes

L
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks people, as soon as the credit card says yes, I'm good to go . Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy