Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best ski hire in Kitzbuhel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was wondering if anyone new the best place to hire skis.

Want it to be near to the slopes or cable car so I don't have to walk so far and be allowed to keep them overnight there without having to take them back to the hotel.

Many thanks for your help
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
matt23, There's a big Intersport shop in the base station of the Hahnenkamm lift. Although I don't rent equipment (I have my own) my ski buddies used this with no complaints. They also have excellent heated locker facilities which are operated by your lift pass (a neat touch!).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for Intersport, good kit and suitable but not cheap. Had a nasty experience with TO hire place in Kitz once when one of our lot had his skis set at wildly different DIN settings. Chap in the Intersport Kitzbuheler Horn branch set them up properly for us gratis.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the intersport suggestions. Base of the Hahenekamm lift sounds perfect
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

good kit and suitable but not cheap

I'll say. €200+ for basic skis and boots for 6 days. Shocked You could buy an awful lot of beers for the difference between that and typical French ski hire prices. That's why you need to add up all the costs of a holiday, not just beer prices. wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Intersport in Courchevel 1650 - about half that! Same dates.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, Yeah, but you don't pay anything like that online via Alpinresorts. The Sport2000s in Kitz are under half that price.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, yeah but the beer is cheaper in Kitz Little Angel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Where did you get €200 from? My ski buddies paid €90 for all kit and locker usage in 2011. Surely it hasn't more than doubled in the space of under 2 years?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
queen bodecia, I entered the dates 30/3 - 5/4 2013 into their website. Those dates were because I'm organising a group of 30 for those dates next year, so have been researching hire costs. It seems from what Bode Swiller says that Intersport are far more expensive than the competition - can't think why anyone would pay so much unless there's no alternative (as there doesn't seem to be in St Anton).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, maybe it's one of those instances where booking through the TO really pays off.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
queen bodecia wrote:
matt23, There's a big Intersport shop in the base station of the Hahnenkamm lift. Although I don't rent equipment (I have my own) my ski buddies used this with no complaints. They also have excellent heated locker facilities which are operated by your lift pass (a neat touch!).

Although somewhat less handy if you want to ski the kitbuhler horn side...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bertie bassett wrote:

Although somewhat less handy if you want to ski the kitbuhler horn side...

This is why we took our skis back to the hotel at the end of every day. We only went over that side once (which was worth it, had a lot of fun over there).

We hired from Element 3, decent kit, decent service.

I agree with Pam, we found ski hire in Kitz to be quite expensive compared to other areas. However, taking into account everything else (especially the beer/food prices wink ) Kitzbuhel was our preferred destination for for Easter.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For those that have been to Kirchberg before you may well have used Sport Rudi. Unfortunately Rudi himself died earlier this year and Andi who worked in there has set himself up at the bottom of The Flekenbahn. There is free parking at the Flek so its not a bad place to start the day, and you can always ski off the mountain without having to come down the hahnekamm route back into Kitzbuhel.
http://www.skisportandi.at/Rent.html
Unfortunately its only in German, Ive promised to help him put it into English in the next couple of months. Just let them know you got the link from Snowheads, and mention my name if you want and you should get at least 10% discount from him. Ill see him soon and see if I can get more out of him. It was at least 15 in Rudi, but now its his own business- a bit of negotiating will have to be done on snowheads behalf.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jafa wrote:
For those that have been to Kirchberg before you may well have used Sport Rudi. Unfortunately Rudi himself died earlier this year and Andi who worked in there has set himself up at the bottom of The Flekenbahn. There is free parking at the Flek so its not a bad place to start the day, and you can always ski off the mountain without having to come down the hahnekamm route back into Kitzbuhel.
http://www.skisportandi.at/Rent.html
Unfortunately its only in German, Ive promised to help him put it into English in the next couple of months. Just let them know you got the link from Snowheads, and mention my name if you want and you should get at least 10% discount from him. Ill see him soon and see if I can get more out of him. It was at least 15 in Rudi, but now its his own business- a bit of negotiating will have to be done on snowheads behalf.

Hired Gear from Ski Sport Andi in January and would definately recommend them, as the service is excellent. The online booking can be done in English and is straightforward.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy