Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FIS world cup skiing the European Match of the day?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When in Soll 3 years ago my friends and I decided, that as tha bus back to the airport was not till mid afternoon, we would get the gondola up the Holne Salve for a meal at the top one last time. When we got to the top we couldn't understand why the resaurant was so packed in one side but empty everywhere else. We then saw the big screen in the corner. Sure enough Europsports was on with that weekends FIS world cup event on (downhill I think). It was packed with various nationalities all vying for their man.

I was interested to know if in the alpine regions Skiing on the telly is more important to the locals than say football or rugby as you would see in many British pubs on a saturday afternoon. Do those who live in the alps find that more pubs show alpine sports than other sports?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No Very Happy It's not covered much on TV, there's a lot of coverage in the local papers though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ise, Maybe thats because you are in Switzerland wink Maybe if they had a chance of seeing a Swiss winner then.....!!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In Austria the sport is boosted by the manufacturers of

XXL cowbells.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No, it's not covered much in Germany or France either. I'm less sure about Austria.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hhmmmm, thats ruined my vision of lots of Europeans all cramming into their local montain hut in order to watch Ski-ing. Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last time I saw live ski racing on the TV when I was in a ski resort it was being largely ignored. Perhaps not many people see a connection between their recreational activity and competitive skiing?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In Austria skiing is on the main TV channels as well as Eurosport. It's also covered live on Radio.
Skiing in Austria is pretty much equivalent to Football in England.

There's a TV in an office here, during ski races it's often left with no standing room.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DB, You have restored my faith in the Austrians.... I knew they would pull through Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not quite as in DB's Austria, but I've seen busy - if not packed to overflowing - bars showing World Cup races live, with some pretty vocal French customers, in the resorts themselves. Not the tourist visitors though, just the local people. Ski racing is popular in the mountains, but not that much elsewhere.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
These figures were on Der Standard web site in June, unfortunately no longer available on-line.
According to the survey, the most popular TV broadcast on sport events in Austria:

1. The Olympic Games - 64%
2. Alpine skiing - 62 %
3. Football World Cup - 51%
4. Ski Jumping - Four Hill events - 49%

Formula One race and the national football leauge are behind them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy