Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Peoples experiences of Line, Sir Francis Bacon skis.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am about to purchase some Sir Francis Bacons 2013 but wondered if anyone could share their thoughts on how they ski in regards to their length. From what I've read the 'actual length' of the skis measures about 4cm shorter than the advertised length and they ski short because of the early rise/rocker. I'm a mere 5'2", 56kg and currently ski 156 K2s. Should I go for the 165 or 172 SFB?

I'd appreciate input from anyone who has first hand experience of how the SFB ski, thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't have any first hand experience, however I've also heard they ski slightly shorter. For your height / weight the 165 should work well and be playful, whereas the 172 could seem massive compaired to your current k2's. A mate of mine is a ski tech / fitter and says the only thing to watch for is, unless you plan to ride switch a lot of the time, it could be worth mounting the bindings marginally back of the recommended point to make them better across the whole mountain.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jonathan22, I've heard this also. Chances are will mount Schizo bindings to give more versatility, I don't plan to ride switch a huge amount!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I skied some of the Line early stuff and they were a bit planky but your choice has good reputation. I would go long if you ski O/P a lot in soft snow to have better stability; I experieced skiing a too short pair of quite rockered skis on a lovely unskied bowl, they bobbed up and down like a kangaroo on each turn. I jumped to a pair of same skis 20cm longer and they were perfect.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not much help but Daughter has just got the shorty version as she is smaller than you on friends recommendation - but has has not had them out yet so not much help. They do look nice though... just hope they ski half as good.

Other threads already on here which may be of interest for background.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2072840&highlight=francis#2072840

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1903865&highlight=francis#1903865

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1890064&highlight=francis#1890064

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1874962&highlight=francis#1874962
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm loving my Line Prophet 98s. I've got them in 179. I might have gone to the next size up if could choose again.

On the whole love them. Super stable, with surprisingly good edge hold. Obviously not great on those quick edge changes though. I appreciate your looking for SFB and my comments are irrelevant.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi avalon42. I'm 170cm and ski the 178's which actually measure 174. They do ski "short" with the rocker but suit me fine. With the 108 waist and the wide tip and tail they are still a big ski if you are 5'2" so I would say you will be fine on the 165. Not so great for straightlining at high speeds but if that's what you are after its the wrong ski. However, if you want bounce around and have a lot of fun then they are fantastic. I think the 165 is a Shorty, which is designed for teenagers, but it should be fine for your weight.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy